I finally got my new springs installed this week. I put X and C codes on her. The look and feel of the truck is remarkable. This is a pic before the install.
This is the after pic.
As you can see from the pics below, I had a serious problem with the springs and bump stops.
Here are a few pics of the install, not like you haven't seen ones like this before.
And here she is after she is all put back together with the 'stuff' back in there.
I took measurements to begin with and immediately after the swap. It looks as if the rear is lower than the front, but the tape showed it was level. Must be an illusion. Here are the measurements before and after. I started with measuring the distance from the bottom of the wheel to fender well.
LF before 31" after 33.5"
RF before 31 1/8" after 34"
LR before 31 1/2" after 33 3/8"
RR before 32 1/2" after 33 7/8"
Front air dam(center) 14" before and after 16.5"
LF bumpstop pad to bottom of frame went from 4" to 5 3/4" and
FR bumpstop pad to bottom of frame went from 3 3/4" to 5 5/8".
Receiver at safety loops 14" before and 15 1/4" after.
Once I can find a more level spot, I will take more measurements to be more accurate. But in the meantime. WOW what a difference in driving! No more jarring at all! Rides very smooth and corners very well. I expect the from end to settle a bit under the weight of the 7.3L, so I am not disappointed that the rear looks a little low. On the shop floor, immediately after putting it on the ground, all fender wells were the same height off the ground. Sitting im my driveway, like I said it looked a little nose high. In a couple of weeks, I will take more measurements and get back with you. Many thanks to Jeeplj8 for doing this mod and convincing me that this was the way I wanted to go. I cannot believe the way the truck rides and drives now. My wife doesn't like the fact that she has to step higher now, but oh well! However, she does like the way it rides. And now for those famous words.....I should've done this a long time ago!!!!