What years for RSE? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 Ford Excursion Forum This forum is for topics relating to the Ford Excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2012, 12:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What years for RSE?

I'm shopping for an Excursion right now (2000 to early 2003), and wondered if the rear seat entertainment console was standard on all limiteds for those years? Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2012, 07:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Our 2000 Ex Limited has rear HVAC and radio controls, but not the video screen, if that's what you're asking about... might not have been standard untill later, or if it was even availible in 2000. The guy we bought it from talked about the later units fitting right in, should we chose to do so...
Old 08-17-2012, 08:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yes, I was curious what years the DVD player was available in. At first I didn't think it was going to make or break me buying an Ex, but the more I look for one, the more I'd kinda like to have one with the DVD and the steering wheel controls for the head unit.

I doubt it will be THAT big of a deal if I don't find one with it, it just would be nice to have all of the extras on one, ya know?

What about the power pedals? What was the first year those were available? I'm really starting to lean more toward wanting an '02 or early '03 so I can have the 7.3 still.

Haven't really looked for the DVD player anywhere. I'm assuming it'll be a salvage yard or ebay item, and then the asking price will be an arm and a leg at minimum I'm sure.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahn View Post
Yes, I was curious what years the DVD player was available in. At first I didn't think it was going to make or break me buying an Ex, but the more I look for one, the more I'd kinda like to have one with the DVD and the steering wheel controls for the head unit.

I doubt it will be THAT big of a deal if I don't find one with it, it just would be nice to have all of the extras on one, ya know?

What about the power pedals? What was the first year those were available? I'm really starting to lean more toward wanting an '02 or early '03 so I can have the 7.3 still.

Haven't really looked for the DVD player anywhere. I'm assuming it'll be a salvage yard or ebay item, and then the asking price will be an arm and a leg at minimum I'm sure.
The steering wheel controls and power pedals were added in 02 and the DVD player was an 03 option, which really limits you down. But its still findable. I also don't see a problem with mounting in a DVD player except that the rear a/c controls are moved to the side.

P.s. my family has one of each years that you are looking at (01,02,03) all limiteds so let me know if you have any other questions on those years

Last edited by ageekwithajeep; 08-17-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Geek: Thanks!! It's nice to know I have a "go to" to ask about options. Correct me if I'm wrong, but '02 is the first year for the clear headlights, right?
Old 08-17-2012, 11:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Geek: Thanks!! It's nice to know I have a "go to" to ask about options. Correct me if I'm wrong, but '02 is the first year for the clear headlights, right?
Yes, that along with the chrome trim on the doors and fact that the mirriors fold forward and back are the only out side differences that I can tell between 01 and 02
Old 08-18-2012, 03:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I hate the chrome trim on the doors I have an 04 limited if you need to see any interior pics with the rse let me know

Sent from my iPad using AG Free
Old 08-18-2012, 04:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoracerX View Post
I hate the chrome trim on the doors I have an 04 limited if you need to see any interior pics with the rse let me know
I'm like you, I don't care for the door trim. There are things on all of them that I like. I may have to make my own version once I get one!
Old 08-18-2012, 09:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
I'm like you, I don't care for the door trim. There are things on all of them that I like. I may have to make my own version once I get one!
Agreed, im glad that I got the 01 in the family. Only thing I wish I had was the mirrors that fold both ways so if they get hit my door doesn't get taken off
Old 08-18-2012, 11:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I'm actually thinking about spraying that plasti dip stuff on the chrome door trim that way it's reversible

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.