Power Window problem? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 Ford Excursion Forum This forum is for topics relating to the Ford Excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 11:37 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Power Window problem?

I have a 2000 Excursion Limited, and my driver window wont work. The three other windows work when I press their individual buttons on their own doors, but the driver window switch will not roll any windows up or down. When I do press any of the buttons on the driver master switch, I can hear clicking like a relay under the dash, but any window is still unresponsive.

Because the three other windows work when I press their own buttons, I figured maybe the switch went bad, so I bought a brand new one. Still no go. Is there a chance it is the window motor? I wouldnt imagine since the other windows work from their own switch. Im pretty stumped here and looking for some insight.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have a problem with the driver side rear door, no power lock and window is intermitant with either switch. I haven't had the time to trouble shoot though. Because mine is both lock/window I thought maybe the door ground wire or a problem in door wire loom? When you replaced the switch I would guess you checked for power at the switch?
Old 07-02-2012, 07:23 PM

When I press buttons on the switch, I can hear relays clicking up near the fuse panel, but no go. It has to be something in the wiring from the relay to the window motors. I'll have to bring it somewhere.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:31 PM

Check around for a wiring diagram. There might be link in a "problem" thread to one or a website if you have the time to look around.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:49 PM

I researched this once. People were finding broken wires in that boot that runs from the cab to the door. I have the same problem with my drivet window. I took the switch panel apart and cleaned it but it still doesnt work. The switch will click no matter what....theres a metal doodad that clicks when you push the switch whether it has power or not. Let us know what you find the issue to be. One more powerstroke mystery to be solved
Old 01-08-2013, 09:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I am having a similar problem. My driver side window will not go up. All other windows work with the driver side window control as well as there perspective controller. So off goes the door panel and out comes the multi meter. I have voltage at the motor when I engage the switch. I even grabbed ahold of the wire bundle in the door while checking for voltage and did not see it drop. GREAT so a new motor it is. After installing it... no joy. Window still will not move. Still getting 11.5 volts ( a little low batteries are getting weak ) at the motor connection. Any thoughts on what to do next? I also checked the fuses.

2003 CCSB 7.3
Old 01-08-2013, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

Might be the switch itself. My passenger front won't go up all the time unless I press on the switch while I'm rocking it to the up position.

Just a thought based on my experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.