Window Shopping for Excursions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 Ford Excursion Forum This forum is for topics relating to the Ford Excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 02:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Window Shopping for Excursions

Hello all,

First post!

I'm in the market for a diesel tow rig, and have been partial to the excursion for a while now. I know whatever i end up buying will be a Ford adn 4x4, and i would prefer the 7.3 Turbo diesel over the 6.0. My budget is around $15G and i wanna stay under 200K on the mileage.

I have researched Cars.com, AutoTrader, and Craigslist. Can anyone provide any other online sources for Excursions? I looked around on this site for a for sale section and didnt see one, which seems unusual, is it hiding somewhere?

Any help or guidance will be appreciated...

Oh yeah, since its my first post, a little background...

I have a Classic Bronco that has been resto-modded for rockcrawling/trailriding, and a 21 foot Wake boat tipping in at about 4500lbs with the trailer. dont know what the bronco and trailer combo will wiegh... but those are the 2 items i will be towing the most, and nothing heavier is planned. I reside in the Southeast US, and am ford fan through and through... thanks for the board!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2012, 05:44 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Too bad your on a budget

http://www.customautosbytim.com/
Old 03-10-2012, 09:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Term3 View Post
I saw those in another post... I dont see how anyone who is interested in a diesel can afford that... to buy a 08+ model truck and then spend another 32 grand on top... insane... definitely not in any budget i will ever have...

no, my absolute max would be around 25K and i dont even want to do that. This isnt gonna be a daily driver, adn doesnt have to be super luxury nice. Just a clean rig with power options, and decent interior. something i can put my wife and kids in, while i haul the boat or the bronco out for a weekend adventure... 15000 is my top budget for what i need, and it better be under 150K miles at that price.

If i cant find that, ill just wait...
Old 03-10-2012, 10:09 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
your gonna have a hard time finding a clean ex for that price
Old 03-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I just bought a like new condition one owner low mileage (under 100k) 2002 Limited 7.3 4x4 for 17k through Craig’s List. Then I spent another 5k (complete brake job including new rotors, complete fluids flush, trans service, trans cooler, new ball joints, steering box, axle seals, tires, intake, 4” SS exhaust, programmer, 38R turbo, EGT gauge, and it is perfect. I tow various trailers up to 10k through the mountains passes of Colorado and there is nothing better in my opinion. This is my 4th Excursion having gone without one since my 2005 was totaled back in 2008. I like this one the best of all the ones I have had. I would only buy local because you need to inspect it, review all the service records, and then spend some bucks having a very good shop inspect it in every detail. I looked for about 9 months before I found this one. Good luck!
Old 03-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Keep looking, found mine on Cl also, but I'm in Texas and it's been here it's whole life so I didn't have to worry about any rust or anything like that. I would run a Carfax too.. Mine showed normal stuff but did find out that the previous owner didn't do the recalls, so stealership did some free work on it
Old 03-10-2012, 06:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

you can get a nice X for 15000

the best place to search for X's is SearchTempest - The EASY way to search Craigslist
i bought mine for 8500$ 2000, 4x4, 6inch lift, under 200,000, after market wheels, exhaust, rotors, 37" tires, tv's, stereo, cold air intake the whole deal. Just keep looking and you'll find exactly what your looking for! Copy and paste this into searchtempest: ford excursion diesel (2000|2001|2002|2003)

Last edited by chainsaw40; 03-11-2012 at 07:57 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainsaw40 View Post
the best place to search for X's is SearchTempest - The EASY way to search Craigslist
i bought mine for 8500$ 2000, 4x4, 6inch lift, under 200,000, after market wheels, exhaust, rotors, 37" tires, tv's, stereo, cold air intake the whole deal. Just keep looking and you'll find exactly what your looking for! Copy and paste this into searchtempest: ford excursion diesel (2000|2001|2002|2003)
Thanks a ton, that works great!
Old 03-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I found mine last July on e-bay, but made the purchase at the used car dealer. I paid $17,500 (2,000) more than I really wanted to pay but it is super clean and only 98,000 miles. I did have to locate and buy the 3rd row seat that was missing. I was told by the sales person it was an ex-FBI vehicle, which I believe is true from the strobes, 2-way radio antenna, and winch set-up. I was looking for three years prior.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have an 01 4x4 with 123k on it, tons of options and upgrades I'll be looking to get more than 15k for it but have not completely decided yet. Where are you located? I can message you when I have it up for sale.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.