2000 FORD EXCURSION PHP CHIP - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 Ford Excursion Forum This forum is for topics relating to the Ford Excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 01:19 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2000 FORD EXCURSION PHP CHIP

Hi everyone im bran new to this form. I just bought a 2000 excursion with a 7.3. I did some research and I think the php phoenix chip is the best for what im going to be doing. I see they have 2 tunes that are for ecomomy a 65 horsepower tune or an 80 horse tune. I was just wondering if anybody has these and witch one gets better mileage crusing at 70 with no trailer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHFORD View Post
Hi everyone im bran new to this form. I just bought a 2000 excursion with a 7.3. I did some research and I think the php phoenix chip is the best for what im going to be doing. I see they have 2 tunes that are for ecomomy a 65 horsepower tune or an 80 horse tune. I was just wondering if anybody has these and witch one gets better mileage crusing at 70 with no trailer.
I have the 65 HP in my CTS gryphon. I am thinking they would be the same as the tunes are from PHP.

I think it will be difficult to determine which would do best in your vehicle. They are both VERY similar and I could not get an answer from the guys at PHP. Pretty much summed it up to just get the 65HP tune.

The reason I say to not try to figure out which is better, as there are so many combinations of how our trucks are set up and modified, it will be very hard to figure out how one compares to another. Look at weight differences between an EX and a truck. A truck may be running your combo with one chip to compare an EX with almost the same mods and the other tune.

I would say get the 65 and roll with it. You are looking for ecomomy and still get modest power gain from your truck, correct?

Mike
Old 01-12-2012, 04:25 AM

Yup that is exactly what i want to do. I only want to use one tune for economy and daily driving. So i want to make sure i get the best one. That way i have more tunes available for the fun stuff. Also i was wondering why everyone is saying they have to have a stock tune on the chip. Wouldnt i be able to take the chip out and be back to stock?
Old 01-12-2012, 04:52 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

You need the stock tune to go back to if and when there are any future upgrades. What you are looking to do is to bypass your computer functions for the control of your motor with the pheonix (at least that is the way I understand the system to work).

You do not actually have one chip that does the same a 7 different chips inside your PCM, the system bypasses part of the PCM and you have a selector switch (rotary) to choose the tuning parameter to run with.

I may be partially or completely wrong, I am sure someone will chime in more info.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.