Lug nut information? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 Ford Excursion Forum This forum is for topics relating to the Ford Excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2012, 08:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lug nut information?

So I'm putting my 2003 limited 7.3 4X4 stock wheels back on and am missing a lug nut. Ford dealers around here don't have them and evidently can't get them. So I order them from Rock Auto and had to get 5 of them at $2.83 a piece since I can't get them from rock auto in anything less than 5 (Still cheaper than 1 from ford if they had one or could get one). They list a Raybestos 10064N for 4WD and a Raybestos 10016N for RWD. So I just got the 4WD 10064N's in the mail today and they don't friggin' fit. They are too coarse of a thread. So are the ones listed for the RWD the ones I need? WTF does rock auto list a 4WD lug and a RWD lug and the 4WD lug does not fit my 4WD Ex?

Did Ford make so Excursions in fine thread studs and some in coarse studs? Is this one of those depending on which factory it was made kind of deals?

So I looked around and the studs come in 14X1.5 and 14X2.0, so now I know that I must have the 14X1.5 finer thread studs? What is the deal with having different stud thread pitches on Excursions, or are they all fine pitch, RWD and 4WD and rock auto has it wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2012, 05:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

So from what I've been able to gather so far it looks like the 14X2.0 coarse threads were used through 2002 then ford went to 14X1.5 fine threads from 2003 on.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to thesmokinstroke02
E99-E2002 the coarse thread were used, then late 2002 they switched to the fine thread. makes hub assemblies alot more expensive too. this is on the superduties atleast not positive on the EX's id assume theyre the same though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.