Compression Ignition Addict
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If you go with a 4" or bigger exhaust system for your Excursion, you'll more than likely end up with the dreaded exhaust 'drone'. Search for it, lots of information regarding that issue. If you don't mind your factory 3.5" exhaust, most guys will recommend either deleting your muffler and going with a straight pipe or the Walker BTM muffler.
As far as tires go, I have the stock 265 Michelin LTX MS2's on my Excursion. They are great highway tires, wear really well, and get great feul economy. I can get 20MPG on the highway with my Excursion the way it sits right now with my current mods.
The next tire I will try whenever these ones wear out will be the Toyo Open Country H/T Tuff Duty. 285/75R16 would be the size I would go with.
OPEN COUNTRY H/T WITH TUFF DUTY | Toyo Tires
They look like a great highway tire, they would wear really well as well and are a load range E.
2002 7.3L Excursion Limited 4x4
- 21"/11"/21" Vision X Xmitter Prime light bars (47,000 lumens)
- Edge CS Monitor
- Tymar intake
- Fumoto Quick Drain Valve
- Coolant filter, ELC, 203* T-stat and billet housing
- Riff Raff boots
- PHP Chip (Stock, 80DD, 100Race, Whisper Mode, 80Tow, Smoke Show)
- F350 leafs front and back
- Hellwig rear sway bar, Bilstein 5100's
- LT275/65R20 Durtrac's on 20" King Ranch wheels
- Fred Goeske 2" steel wheel adapters
- Genuine Larry B's Denso starter