02 excursion 7.3 prices - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 Ford Excursion Forum This forum is for topics relating to the Ford Excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2011, 06:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
02 excursion 7.3 prices

Hi, new user seriously looking to get out of my 02 expedition and into a 7.3 excursion. found a couple of 02s out there in the northeast(live on LI)with low(90000 and 120000)miles for around $18500 or so.wife thinks I'm nuts spending that on a 10yr old 100kmi truck. any input on what a fair price for one of these would be appreciated. thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2011, 06:55 AM
Christ Follower

Check NADA and KBB for prices in your area. Mine is an 03 with 7.3, mostly factory interior (except for F650 Dash Mod), in pristine condition with the performance mods listed below. I turned down 22500 recently and didn't have it for sale. Kinda depends on the condition, options, and maintenance history the owner can provide. I have ocd and keep every receipt with date and mileage for every thing (and I mean everything) I have bought/replaced for mine since i purchased it in 07. Bought it with 70K on it and now have 240K. Only needed to replace the alternator, batteries and tires. Best truck I have ever owned.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I've been a member of my dad's automotive purchase cabinet through 4 ex's (3 PSD 1 v10). Seems like for low mirage trucks they run a bit higher than kbb BUT you get an absolute steal on anything aftermarket done to the vehicle. What I mean by that is this.... if someone straps a blower on their 2009 gt stang ... they'll want more for the car. But on the excursions... we've bought 2 ex's with+8 and+ 10in lifts for next to nothing. 16 and 24 when you take all the extras into consideration. Navi stereo lift tires wheels exhaust road armor etc.

What i'm getting at is this, if you want an excursion and the price is reasonable and it's what you want.... you won't regret the purchase. If you want to buy an ex and do something to it ( screens in the back for the kiddos... a lift.... performance.... stereo ... w/e) look for one nationwide that already has it done and then offer them what the truck is worth w/o the jazz. Worst case they say no. Best case you spend 1 weekend pay 300 for 2 tanks of diesel and 200 for a plane ticket and save 5 grand on an ex with low miles that comes with what you want. AND if you are unsure about the truck... you can get a ps.org or dieselgarage or compD forum member to check the truck out for ya. Use the internet and your community to broaden your search.

Spoil yourself. After church and uncle Sam you should pay yourself.

Just my . 02. Sounds like a pretty decent deal though

Last edited by AggieExcursion2010; 05-10-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I gave $18k for my '02 7.3L last year in April from a dealer that just deals in Diesles. It was very clean, new BFG AT's but was stock otherwise w/ 130,000 miles on it. I looked at others with more mileage at the same price and a few with less mileage (but dogged out) for $16k & higher.

His comment to me was that he was having difficulty finding good, clean low mileage EX's in the secondary (Wholesale) market that had not been "modded" out. As a dealer, he only looked for stock or near stock trucks.

D
Old 05-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I know i dont own an EX but i bought my 02 F350 a year and a half ago 3 days before Christmas for $20K with 113,000 on the OD. I drove almost 300 miles to trade in my old truck and get it. Well worth the purchase, best investment i ever made.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Paid $11,000 for my 2001 X 7.3 PSD 2x4 with 160,000 miles 7 months ago. Dealer wanted $13,000, ended up giving me a military discount.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:24 PM

Bought my 02 Excurion with 7.3 with 70k on a year ago for 25k. Its a limited loaded to the gills. Little pricey but i have not had one problem with it and i know it will last a life time. I am located on Long island and had to go down south to find it.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

We bought an 01 with 61,000 miles with a 7.3 diesel, 4" lift 20" wheels/33" tires here in Vegas for $20K. I feel that is a great price for low mielage X
Old 05-22-2011, 03:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm in TX....I got mine..02..limited..7.3..4x4...with 94K, that momma bought and drove for $15K.....I did not barter one ounce.....wanted to kiss him..no mods, every oil change and service documented...
Old 05-27-2011, 08:58 AM

Bought a 2002 X Limited 131000 miles 7.3 for 15k last September. 1 owner. The 7.3's are getting harder and harder to find that are in good shape. If you want to get one better do it soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.