Still Leaking Oil - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 Ford Excursion Forum This forum is for topics relating to the Ford Excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2011, 11:13 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Still Leaking Oil

Had oil leaking on driveway just above the back of the motor. Was told that HPOP lines or fuel drain leak would fill valley and run out of the back of motor. I looked close under HPOP lines and there was a ton of oil. I replaced HPOP o-rings (they were a little ugly) and I replaced fuel drain. I cleaned up as much oil in the valley as I could so I could see if it stopped leaking. I went a day and notice a couple more drops of oil on the driveway. I looked under the HPOP in valley and there is a ton of oil again. I cant see where its coming from. HPOP lines are dry. Any suggestions?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2011, 11:44 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Cracked hpop? I have heard of this happening, and it seems to be on the bottom most of the time.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:08 PM

my guess would be pedestal o-rings , or actuator rod for the ebpv if the hpop o-rings are good
Old 06-05-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagle1 View Post
my guess would be pedestal o-rings , or actuator rod for the ebpv if the hpop o-rings are good
x2 on the pedestal o-rings
Old 06-05-2011, 04:57 PM

I have done HPOP orings and rebuilt the Fuel bowl. I was learning the whole time I did those two repairs and it took me about 3 hours each. They were done a month apart. How hard is the pedestal o-rings or the actuator rod to do? What should be done at that time while in there?
Old 06-06-2011, 01:48 PM

both involve removing the turbo. Not a hard job just a pia to get to stuff and lining the up-pipe flange back to the turbo just kicks my azz everytime , because i have zero patience. You can diy gut the ebpv while its all off or order the modded parts if you want , just a little more airflow is your gain. Order your o-rings first , and once the turbos off its all pretty easy. You dont have to mod anything under there at all though , just replace the pedestal mount o-rings top/bottom and then theres a gasket on the inside of the actuator rod that might be leaking as well , you will be able to tell once you get to it , but since your that far might as well replace it too.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to ToMang07
I'm planning on getting a whole new pedistial and doing mine, a new NON-EBPV pedestial from Clay @ Rifraf is $120, and I believe it comes with the new O-rings.

Then you can just run a resistor in the plug or buy a plug-delete for the EBPV so you won't get any codes. I'm doing mine this summer.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jonboywv12
oh man i know allll about this! i was having the same problem...first timmer to ripping into the truck motor. well anyway got the trubo off that was easy the down pipe was easy as well but that dern up pipe is a straight up b!tch to get off is kinda hard but back on! omg talk about a good while workiing on that. sooo i was having the leak thought it the pedistal o-rings repleaced both and it was not turns out it was the hpop was cracked on the bottom and no i finally got that replaced and all good!
Old 06-06-2011, 02:41 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Just did my top and bottom o rings not hard at all u can ask me if u need anything u will need another set of hands
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.