Fabtech lift question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 Ford Excursion Forum This forum is for topics relating to the Ford Excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 10:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fabtech lift question

Looking at the 3.5 Hanger lift by Fabtech, is the new sway bar a must have or will it work with stock bar. The reason I ask is, when I lifted my old Bronco (75 model) I bought the new sway bar as suggested with the kit and it was too long and would not even fit, so I didn't even use it. I don't want to spend that extra money if it's not needed, but don't mind if need be to make truck right. By the way this is on 01 Excursion

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2011, 10:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
not sure on a excursion.. but i had the same lift on my superduty and i used the stock trac bar...
Old 02-18-2011, 01:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Excursion are 2" lower from the incorrect springs Ford used..so you will end up 1.5" above where it should have been stock and need a adj track bar as the axle will shift about 3/4" from where it should be.

I wouldn't buy the kit I would fix the problems by doing what hundreds have done..replace the springs with V codes and modded B codes. If you want it taller then options are hanger kits, X codes etc..PM me if I can help.

Cary
Old 02-18-2011, 01:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Cary, Thanks for your input, but for one I don't have a clue to what a V, B or X code is. My truck does not sit down in the front. This is not intended on being a leveling kit but to lift the whole truck.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:18 PM

The stock Ex front springs are not rated for the weight and the rears are just a lousy riding spring.
What is done for starters is to get the spring that will carry the weight and ride correctly thats V code..std SD fronts and B codes Std rears.
We have you mod the rears..takes 15 min. This will raise the front 2-2.5" and the rear 1.5-2". front will be low 2"
For additional height front would be hangers from 2-4.5" rears usually just a taller block.

PM coming your way with lots more info.

Cary

proper shock slection, adding a 30mm rear sway
Old 02-18-2011, 03:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Don't want to hi-jack , but I am looking at lifts also . I recently purchased a 2001 Ex and it has a 4 in lift kit on it . They just used blocks and an add a spring is what I am told . I have owned and lifted many Jeeps , but this is my first full size . I don't like the cheap set up ( so I was told ) that is in it . I want to get a new kit that would come with all the springs and items to install .

The truck has 150k on it , so changing springs would probably be a good thing anyways . I have been thinking of the Icon 5 in , which comes with everything I am assuming , I don't want 5 in but it seems to be the best bang for the buck . Im not rich , but I don't believe in cutting corners , any help would be nice . Thanks
Old 02-18-2011, 03:34 PM

I'm a Icon dealer..that said its not what you want for a Excursion..PM sent.

Cary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.