Timbren Suspension Enhancement - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 Ford Excursion Forum This forum is for topics relating to the Ford Excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2010, 05:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Timbren Suspension Enhancement

Hey guys, first time diesel owner and first time poster here. Got an 01 Ex 4X4 7.3L last month. Always liked the Exs and wanted a diesel. One of the first things I noticed was the sway in turns and when one side hits a pothole. Reminds me of a UHaul I drove when I moved. I know it is a heavy vehicle, but I want to prevent some of that sway and give it a stiffer suspension. It is not lifted. I replaced the OEM shocks figuring that after 9 years, they may be losing function. Then I noticed the OEM bump stops were cracked and some fell off. I ordered the Timbren Suspension Enhancement system and plan to install it front and rear. Larger bump stops that will hopefully contact the axle before the sway is so noticeable. Anybody use these and how do you like them? Am I headed in the right direction without dropping lots of $$ into it? I am pretty much tapped out for a while...Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Nice ride

I got both sets installed front and rear. It was a pretty simple installation, didn't even have to pull the shocks. I think the rear set will help more for handling trailer weight, but the front set showed immediate improvement! The suspension is much tighter and there is not much sway in turns like before. It is a little stiffer ride, but not like a tank, very acceptable to me. I wanted a 4X4 anyway, so I don't mind if it rides like a truck. It handles much better without the sway, and I feel much better with my wife driving it daily. I am not sure I would have pulled my tractor or boat with the loose suspension I had. I am pleased. If anyone wants to stiffen up the ride on an older excursion, I recommend the Timbren Suspension Enhancement System.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I know exactly what you mean. When I first drove mine, I thought something was broken. It was all over the place. Nothing like my powerstroke truck. It never just stuck to the road and went straight. It was always like you had to react to the way it was tracking. Luckily I stumbled onto a guy on this site who pointed me towards the right direction. He gave me a parts list mostly consisting of 1 ton truck springs from a same year F350. be careful though, not all 1 ton springs are the same. There different codes. I found everything i needed except the adjustable trac bar from wrecking yards. It made a huge difference and a plus was it gave me enough room to run 33" tires with no lift. if you want to contact him its CT Performance. Its the American version of CT performance. There is also one in Canada. He monitors this site. You could probably look him up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.