Edge Juice with Attitude for 02 Excursion - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 Ford Excursion Forum This forum is for topics relating to the Ford Excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010, 11:45 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Edge Juice with Attitude for 02 Excursion

Buddy of mine has an Edge juice with Attitude new in the box for $275. He has a diesel shop and it has been sitting there for a while. I am just looking to get fuel economy and reliability, not HP. I already have an S&B intake on it but nothing else. I am thinking this should go nicely with that setup since I am not going for horsepower. My only thought is my tranny. It has 122k miles on it and I do not want to destroy it in 3 months because I set it at 25hp mark. I should be ok though right? I am also looking into a MBRP 4" turbo back exhaust as the next install but want to be careful of the drone noise since my wife drives this everyday with the kids..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdrx7 View Post
Buddy of mine has an Edge juice with Attitude new in the box for $275. He has a diesel shop and it has been sitting there for a while. I am just looking to get fuel economy and reliability, not HP. I already have an S&B intake on it but nothing else. I am thinking this should go nicely with that setup since I am not going for horsepower. My only thought is my tranny. It has 122k miles on it and I do not want to destroy it in 3 months because I set it at 25hp mark. I should be ok though right? I am also looking into a MBRP 4" turbo back exhaust as the next install but want to be careful of the drone noise since my wife drives this everyday with the kids..
The Juice with Attitude does nothing for your trans tuning, that is the Evolution. The juice doesn't add much power even on level 5. Save your $275 and get a good chip from a sponsor. You'll like it alot better and your trans will be tuned for the power increase.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:42 AM

I am only going to set it on the 25HP setting as I am not going for HP increase just mpg. Next thing is the MBRP turbo back install.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:21 AM
Banned

Ok but something to keep in mind, in the diesel world more power=better mileage. So ditch that edge crap that doesn't do jack for power/mileage and TRANS TUNING, and get a chip from TW that will increase power substantially, increase mileage substantially, and will tune the trans which will in-turn extend the life of it.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have an Edge EVO2 and it did add horsepower, did "tune" the tranny (albeit only some), and I did see mileage increases. I regularly use the "Tow Tune" as well as the "Race Tune" (Race is the daily driver position although I have towed with it as well). Never tried the "Extreme".

I do however agree that a good chip (like the TW) is probably a better way to go IF , AND ONLY IF, you invest in guages which runs up the "package" cost and you add the exhaust. The tune will affect EGT regardless of Economy, Tow, Race, etc.

I got the EVO2 since I did not want a pillar mounted set of guages and like the idea of being able to "read" many more of the OBDII information. You can do the same wiht a SanGuage and a Chip of course. I may add a chip later and just use the EVO for guages.

Either way please add the guages if you are goging to do any tuning. Your Truck (and pocket book) will thank you later.

As a side note, adding a 6.0 cooler for the Tranny is a great investment too if you have temperature concerns.

Good Luck, D
Old 11-11-2010, 06:17 AM

I currently have a S&B intake and that is all. I am planning on adding MBRP exhaust next month. I drive this thing like a baby and will not be towing with it. It's main purpose is hauling the kids around and long trips 5-6 times a year. If the setting on the edge is at 1 (25HP) and will not be moved form that what major concerns should I have? Driving it around yesterday the throttle response was greatly improved but the tranny seemed to shift as smooth and at the same points as before it was installed.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:19 AM

I've had no problem with my juice w/attitude setup 10k miles so far... I also tow a 7500lb boat quite bit during the winter. I have a "DIY" cold air intake and I've chopped the exhaust just forward of the muffller and installed a 45 deg turn down to direct the exhaust down and out the side... I have seen a small increase of milege.. the best all around MPG for me is when I have is set on level 4 (Race). Around town level 3 (Driving) seems to be the best. This is on a 00 7.3 Excursion by the way.

What folks are saying about "tranny issues" is due to upping your horsepower and torque with a tranny not tuned for that increase. You gotta put a little common sense into play that the horsepower and torque the Juice w/attitude actually puts to the tranny isn't much at all if your not hammering on it every stop light.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.