2002 Fog Light Install - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 Ford Excursion Forum This forum is for topics relating to the Ford Excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2010, 02:50 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2002 Fog Light Install

I did a search and didn't come up with anything specific, so here goes...

I have an 02 Ex XLT that came without the factory fog lights. I have found some deals on Ebay for OEM fog lights with harnesses that wire into a "stand-alone" switch mounted on the dash. Is there any way to use the OEM headlight switch that has the built-in fog lamp switch on an Ex w/o fog lights? I found a switch on Ebay, but don't want to spend the $80 on the switch without being certain it'll work...

Thanks.

Jim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

subscribed ____ did mine on my old 350 but the ex is blank as well and fogs wired independent are in the near future
Old 09-24-2010, 05:13 PM

Subscribed. I just bought fog lights for my truck and have been wondering the same thing.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:34 AM

I would be curious as well. My 2002 Limited SHOULD have come with fog lights (I think) but there are no lights, brackets or wiring behind the bumper. However, the headlight switch does pull out (for fog light operation) so I would imagine that there would be un-used contacs or wires somewhere on the back of it.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:37 AM

Another question too:

Do the factory fog lights actually make that much difference? I think the money would be better spent on a set of Lightforce driving lights (unless you want to go for that factory look) I will be wiring up 2 Striker 170's and 2 Blitz 240's. With that much candle power coming off the front of my Ex, I probably wouldn't even notice if the factory fog lights are on or not.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:40 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Factory fog lights help a lot, but I would probably go another way if I didn't have them.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I've got a similar problem... My 2000 Excursion has the factory fog lights installed, but the previous owner (don't know why) has them unwired. The factory wiring is all tucked in behind the front bumper with the original wiring plug. My question: Where does the OEM wiring go? Its got a grey, round, 2 wire connector about 1.5 ft long, but I cant figure where it plugs in... ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

Old 09-30-2010, 05:32 PM

The other round grey piece plugs in (if gasser) under the air box, (if diesel) under the right battery. i actually just took of that wiring from my 02 gasser and am going to put it in my 00 powerstroke
Old 10-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Drivers side battery or passenger side? Diesel...
Old 02-26-2011, 08:31 PM
Serving Our Country!

I haven't gotten around to ordering what I need to install fog lights, so I started doing some more research. I came across a write-up someone did on another forum and he makes it sound pretty simple to install fog lights to an Excursion that doesn't have 'em.

Here's the link... OEM Fog light Pictures and instructions are up! - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com

I'm going to check my truck out to see if it has the same wiring that his does, then order a new headlight switch and a light kit from Ebay. The Ford OEM kit he used runs about $250, without the switch. There's a couple of kits on Ebay that run either $98 or $109 and the switch is going for about $60 on Ebay.

I intend to order what I need after I look at my wiring tomorrow, and will follow up with how it worked out, once I get everything installed (assuming my wiring is right).

Anyone else have any luck?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.