Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Which one would you buy?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Dasaliac03 
#1 ·
I am looking at buying a 2000-2003 7.3L 4x4 Excursion.

There aren't that many on the market but I have found 2 clean ones and wonder which one you guys would buy and why. Both have clean carfax reports. Both are 7.3 Limiteds with similar equipment.

1. 2000 147,000 miles. 4" Lift with Custom wheels and tires.

2. 2002 177,000 miles, bone stock.

I think both can be had for about the same price. The 2002 is probably slightly cleaner overall.

I am kind of leaning towards the 2002 because it is newer and slightly cleaner. But the dilemma is that I would want to add a lift and wheels/tires and that would be an extra expense.

Any Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
I'd say the 2002. I look at lifted vehicles and start wondering whats they're history. Alot of the lifted vehicles are mall cruisers nowdays though. If you want to lift it... at least you know what has been done to it.

I love the Excursions!

#7 ·
if it were me, id price the lift/wheel/tire brand new, and deduct that price from the price that the 2002 is at and offer them that, and explain to the seller that you can get a similar one with the stuff already done for about the same price with less milage

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.