08-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Join Date: Jul 2010
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Who thinks this is real?
If I wasn't on the other side of the country I might check it out.
2001 Ford Excursion Diesel 69k - $12000
Date: 2010-08-23, 10:23AM PDT
Reply to: email@example.com [Errors when replying to ads?]
This vehicle is a one owner Ford Excursion limited edition. The overall condition is incredible. 7.3 ford diesel is in absolutely perfect condition. I recently took it into the dealership for full service and the mechanic at the ford dealership told me it looked like new underneath. Absolutely no leaks or any problems. If you have been in the market for an excursion you know they stopped producing them in 2005. The 7.3 diesel is widley known to be the best engine ever made. Most would prefer this motor over the 6.0 litre that was put in later models. This vehicle has extremely low miles. It is currently out of town with my wife and children at our cabin in Park City Utah, so the miles are slightly higher and I am unsure what they are exactly but definately under 75k. We had a 2000 that we had at the same time as we had this one, and there are certain things that wear on these vehicles.
1. The drivers seat where you slide in and out becomes worn. This one was not bad at all, more scuffed looking than anything, but I replaced it with a factory installed new leather and it is new again.
2. The auto door lock mechanism becomes worn and do not open the rear when you depress the front main swith. I just replaced all of these switches. I noticed they were an upgraded design when I installed them.
This vehicle is just the perfect vehicle. Incredible power, long life, great mileage. Some say as high as 20, but they lie. There is no way an 8000 lb. Vehicle can get 20. I don't care what chip are other bs you put in it. More realistic is 15.5 in city and 18 tops highway.
The price is absolutely firm at 12k. Do not even bother with a lower offer. It will just piss me off. Pictures upon request to serious buyer only.
The color is what I consider to be the most desireable in the maroon with tan.
Other than these two items, the vehicles are bullet proof. You can tell original miles on these by several tell tale signs.
1. Original windshield condition. Does it have a carlite windshield with the factory sticker?
2. What is the condition of the steering wheel. For some reason, when these get high mileage, the steering wheel sort of turns to mush and gets very worn.
3. Condition of the interior.
* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
2001 Ford Excursion Diesel 69k