pricing? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 Ford Excursion Forum This forum is for topics relating to the Ford Excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 08:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
pricing?

What am I looking to spend on a black 7.3L diesel? I guess millage could be anywhere from 75K - 150K. Everyone seems to say these things last for ever, as long as the paint is good... I can always have the seats re-wrapped if they look like garbage.

Also, can anyone explain to me the differences of the packages? Looking to get something loaded, preferably with a sunroof. Would that be the eddie bauer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2010, 08:41 PM
Emergency Services

XL - Basic work truck. Not much in the way of "creature comfort". But most of the stuff the XL's are missing can pretty easily be added on to make it an XLT

XLT - XL plus a few extra goodies such as power doors, windows, cruise control, front grille is shiny instead of black, and a few other odds and ends.

Lariat - XLT plus leather seats, power seats, power mirrors, and a few other odds and ends.

King Ranch - The big daddy of super duty's. Main aspect would be the leather on the inside. It's extremely high quality saddle leather. IMO worth every penny. You won't have to worry about it though because 7.3's weren't available in King Ranch models.

Harley Davidson - really expensive, really nice leather, really nice truck.....king ranch is better .

For most guys on here an XLT is all you'll need. Has anything an ordinary person would want/need to get from point A, to point B, and back to point A in a day. AC, cruise control, six way movable seats, adjustable lumbar, fold down center console/6th seat up front, and most importantly.....cheap . My XLT more than suits my needs. Only other thing i would have asked for would be power folding mirrors. Would make parking a bit easier.

As far as price is concerned depending on a range of things (mainly what it used to be used for and miles) a 99-03 7.3 will cost somewhere between $5k to $12k. Then again that's average. Mine was $12,500 a year ago with 94k miles. I think i payed a little too much for what i got but hey....I'm happy with it now and that's what matters. What options are you looking for? DRW? Crew cab/super cab/single cab? Long bed/short bed? etc.....
Old 06-14-2010, 08:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

looking to get the Excursion with the 7.3L.

I am not familiar AT ALL with ANYTHING about these. I would like (not sure if it exists) a 7.3L diesel, full options including 2 captains up front and power sunroof. Was that available?

My buddy owns one of the best custom shops in all of SOFLA so I can have the seats re wrapped in some quality leather. Not worried about that.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:51 PM
Emergency Services

Yes Excursions were produced in both the 7.3 and 6.0 engine. I've seen a few excursions with moon/sun roofs so i know they exist i just don't know what package it's called. My dads' Expedition is an Eddie Bauer edition and it DOESN'T have a moon/sun roof so that must be a factory option, not something that came standard with Eddie Bauer edition vehicles. As far as the two captain chairs up front i believe they all came like that, I've never been in/seen an Excursion with a bench seat up front.

You should try looking in the for sale section here on the site here,

Trucks - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Excursions are always popping up in there.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks dude... you are a wealth of knowledge. You could probably answer this too. Am I better off with a 6.0 or 7.3L? You have any idea on the price to do the studs and all that work to make the 6.0L worth a dang? Or if I find one with the work already done should I snatch one of those up?
Old 06-14-2010, 08:54 PM
Emergency Services

BTW, if you decide to get an Excursion with the 6.0.....you'll be able to get the King Ranch
Old 06-14-2010, 08:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

lol - great, now I'm even further confused as to how to handle this. Let me go on the 6.0 section and ask how much it is to make that motor bullet proof.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:58 PM
Emergency Services

Honestly my diesel knowledge ends with the 99-03 7.3 era lol. I know basically nothing of the 6.0/6.4/6.7 engines. Too dang complicated . I'm sure in the morning you're gonna get a wealth of replies. Probably some selling offers as well.

I can tell you this though, most of the guys i know that do the EGR delete/head studs on their 6.0's are probably some of the happiest super duty drivers i know. Not many headaches once you get those two out of the way.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

hmmm.... well thanks for all your help. Thanks for also explaining the trims to me. I still have a truck and a car so I'm not in any rush. I have time to research and look around. Just wanted a new toy to play with.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Emergency Services

No problem. Oh and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.