subwoofer locations in Excursion - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 Ford Excursion Forum This forum is for topics relating to the Ford Excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
subwoofer locations in Excursion

other than the $700 JL Audio stealthbox. are there any other option? thought i could get something under the rear seats, but after looking i see thats not possible.

a single 10 is all i really need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2010, 12:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

My truck has the bench seat up front with the flip up console that works as a third seat. The previous owner hollowed the foam out of the middle seat and built a box that fits in the same place. You can't even tell it's there until you feel the seat and it's as hard as a rock(wouldn't wanna ride there very long). But i never have anyone ride there anyways, because #1 i don't like to be crammed when I'm driving, and #2 it's a 6 speed so they would get in the way of me shifting, so it works pretty well. Just an idea if you have the same configuration.

He also hid the amp and everything under the rear seat and ran the wires up under the carpet. I like the setup because i didn't lose and usuable space but still get the boom i'm looking for haha.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Im looking for an EX and ive been thinking of where i could put a sub in it. Of course I don't have one to verify what would fit But I was thinking somewhere along the top corner near the back. Because how often do you pack stuff up to the corner of the roof??? Maybe above the spare?? OR maybe even inside the spare. Ive seen cars do that. Both options would mean a custom box of course.

What kind of sub you looking at?

Ive wanted some infinity perfect 10" for a while.
But my last car was broken into 3 times and I lost over $3k in stereo equipment. So I stopped putting aftermarket in. Thats was 7 years ago. Now i have a garage.

Last edited by Cashflo; 03-05-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hey guys,
I have a 10" Solo kicker, in a square box 12X18 box. The amp is under the second row, so if you take out the third its not taking up space. First of all I HIGHLY RECOMMEND, testing your system with Ted Nugent's Stranglehold once all is installed. Its sex, pure sex. Moving on. Granted I bought the EX to haul kids and all stuff associated with them. I have yet to do this,(1st kid is do in July) SO that would lead to me stating that I haven't had any issues with this subwoofer getting in the way. However it does not have plexi glass covering it. I went to pick up propane for the grill the other day and was definitely worried about my sub. I will be putting something over the sub/enclosure to protect it in the future. For now it sounds awesome and don't miss the room.

-Evan
Old 03-08-2010, 09:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowheeler View Post
First of all I HIGHLY RECOMMEND, testing your system with Ted Nugent's Stranglehold once all is installed. Its sex, pure sex. Moving on.
about 6 years ago i would have agreed with you. ted was very good friends with my departed grandfather. country neighbors ( and actual neighbors ) ted was a reserve sheriff where my grandfather was a sheriff.

then i did alot of research on ted and why he never ran for office in Michigan. he had many great points and opinions that MANY people shared.

lets just say he can run his mouth THAT is for sure.... but when the time came to DO what he says and advocates.......ummmm not so much. i lost all respect for him. and i refuse to listen to anything he ever had a part of.

thank a veteran, **** ted nugent.

sorry, back on topic.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:56 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'd love to see pics of that 40/20/40 middle seat box. I have the same front seat and an Apline type-r 10" dvc from a car I sold. This sub is pretty big and sounds amazing with the right amp. I don't want to go to a shallow sub plus I would save money using what i have, but finding a place to put something this big is pretty hard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.