Manual Excursion - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 Ford Excursion Forum This forum is for topics relating to the Ford Excursion only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 02-15-2010, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Manual Excursion

Has anyone converted their tank to a manual tranny? How hard would it be and aprox how much would it cost? Thanks guys

'00 7.3 PSD Excursion, stock. '04 Ram CTD almost stock
There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.
post #2 of 19 Old 02-28-2010, 06:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I've only ever saw one person who had a manual trans in an Ex......and it was also a 5.9Cummins conversion......wish mine was also.

2000 Limited, 119K, 7.3L, 285 Cooper ATR's, super chips 1705 on tow/performance, Bilsteins, AIH delete, Isspro EGT/Boost/(Trans temp broke)......Brand New Di pricol Trans temp what a deal.....was $35...couldn't pass it up.
post #3 of 19 Old 02-28-2010, 06:45 AM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have seen a Powerstroke Ex with a manual. It is pretty much like converting a superduty from auto to manual. I belive you will have to have custom drive shafts made.

Project Frankenstein

1997 Ford F-350, Dually conversion, Cobra 29 LX CB, 12000 watt converter, All LED lights, TW tunes, 4" DP, Napa Intake and lots of running lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPLOSIV View Post
Thanks. I'll give er a good wackin in the morning.
post #4 of 19 Old 02-28-2010, 07:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Ronning View Post
I have seen a Powerstroke Ex with a manual. It is pretty much like converting a superduty from auto to manual. I belive you will have to have custom drive shafts made.
Have you seen any threads on it.....would like to see some pics. I know the firewall is setup for the clutch cylinder. I wonder mostly about the floorboard, center console would likely have to go. Plus the ecu needs to change I would think.

2000 Limited, 119K, 7.3L, 285 Cooper ATR's, super chips 1705 on tow/performance, Bilsteins, AIH delete, Isspro EGT/Boost/(Trans temp broke)......Brand New Di pricol Trans temp what a deal.....was $35...couldn't pass it up.
post #5 of 19 Old 02-28-2010, 08:52 AM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Yes you would need a new PCM and you would either need a floor hump from a manual or cut a hole in yours. The best way to do this is to find a parts truck that has everything already.

Project Frankenstein

1997 Ford F-350, Dually conversion, Cobra 29 LX CB, 12000 watt converter, All LED lights, TW tunes, 4" DP, Napa Intake and lots of running lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPLOSIV View Post
Thanks. I'll give er a good wackin in the morning.
post #6 of 19 Old 02-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Auto to Manual Converstion

Zach
2000/2006ish Ford F-250 Larryette 7.3 Powerstroke 4x4
5" Sewer Pipe Exhaust (video clip), DIY 6637 Intake, Wicked Wheel'd, De-foiled, Missing EBPV, Edge Juice with Attitude, Few leaves added here and there, 35" BFGs, 16x10 Eagle Alloys, Alpine W200

SLAPS Member #153
post #7 of 19 Old 03-12-2010, 04:28 AM

I converted mine. Its not hard really at all. You obviously need to know how to r&r a trans to be able to do the job. You need a trans and transfer case you need to cut your floor, you need a pedal assembly that will bolt rite into your truck. There are studs hanging under the dash and holes in the firewall, you will need a cluth master cylinder and slave cylinder, and Jody from dp can reprogram your factory computer to work with the manual trans. And then obviously you need a good cluth set up and flywheel.

SUPER DUTY SPRINGS
33'S
GAUGES
AIH DELETE
6637 AIR FILTER
CCV MOD
DP TUNER F5
SWAMPS 175/146 SINGLE SHOTS
4" EXHAUST
CLEAR HEADLIGHTS
post #8 of 19 Old 03-12-2010, 07:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHT00EX View Post
I converted mine. Its not hard really at all. You obviously need to know how to r&r a trans to be able to do the job. You need a trans and transfer case you need to cut your floor, you need a pedal assembly that will bolt rite into your truck. There are studs hanging under the dash and holes in the firewall, you will need a cluth master cylinder and slave cylinder, and Jody from dp can reprogram your factory computer to work with the manual trans. And then obviously you need a good cluth set up and flywheel.
What about the floorboard ? Did you just get one from the boneyard ? Auto and manual use different transfer cases ? Also....drive shafts ? length changes ?

post #9 of 19 Old 03-12-2010, 07:18 AM

I just cut a hole in my floor and then made a new panel there is no need to go cut the floor out of another truck and then weld it in yours. Its just more unecesary work, just make a panel. The transfer case is different. The auto and manual trans use a different output shaft therefore the input shaft on the transfer case is different. I used my stock driveshafts.

SUPER DUTY SPRINGS
33'S
GAUGES
AIH DELETE
6637 AIR FILTER
CCV MOD
DP TUNER F5
SWAMPS 175/146 SINGLE SHOTS
4" EXHAUST
CLEAR HEADLIGHTS
post #10 of 19 Old 03-14-2010, 08:25 PM
Serving Our Country!

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
man what i could do with a manual excursion...............dreaming

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode