Subwoofer Location - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 Ford Excursion Forum This forum is for topics relating to the Ford Excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-10-2007, 05:47 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 46
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Subwoofer Location

Has anyone installed a subwoofer in their Excursion? I would rather not buy a box and put it in back as I use the storage space regularly. The only option that I can think of is to cut into the rear doors.

Any ideas? Its a massive truck with alot of space, but I do use the space.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 04-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 20,274
Thanks: 23
Thanked 20 Times in 11 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by David '96 993 View Post
Has anyone installed a subwoofer in their Excursion? I would rather not buy a box and put it in back as I use the storage space regularly. The only option that I can think of is to cut into the rear doors.

Any ideas? Its a massive truck with alot of space, but I do use the space.
look into JL Auido... they have some custom boxes that are made for your truck.... wont take up hardly any space....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 04-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 20,274
Thanks: 23
Thanked 20 Times in 11 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
better yet here is a link

JL Audio: Products
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 04-10-2007, 05:53 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 46
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I see in your signature that you are in LA. Any suggestions for audio equipment in the South Bay area?

Thank you for the JL suggestion. I will look into right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 04-10-2007, 05:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 20,274
Thanks: 23
Thanked 20 Times in 11 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by David '96 993 View Post
I see in your signature that you are in LA. Any suggestions for audio equipment in the South Bay area?

Thank you for the JL suggestion. I will look into right now.
my buddy owns a couple al-n- eds auto sounds..... if you find one that you want i can prob get him to hook you up with a deal and ship it...... where exactly you located?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 04-10-2007, 06:03 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 46
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I am in Manhattan Beach. There is an Al & Eds on Hawthorne in Torrance. Very close to my house.

The previous owner upgraded the stereo slightly, but its hard to hear over the BFG AT's and 7.3L. It needs some help or all of the concerts I went to as a kid are now having an impact on my hearing...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 04-10-2007, 06:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 20,274
Thanks: 23
Thanked 20 Times in 11 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by David '96 993 View Post
I am in Manhattan Beach. There is an Al & Eds on Hawthorne in Torrance. Very close to my house.

The previous owner upgraded the stereo slightly, but its hard to hear over the BFG AT's and 7.3L. It needs some help or all of the concerts I went to as a kid are now having an impact on my hearing...
i know what your talking about lol... that one of the first upgrades i did....ill see if he can talk to those guys at the al n eds or if not maybe get you the deal on the stuff here and ship it to that locatoin.... most subs arnt that hard to install....is it an aftermarket head unit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 04-10-2007, 06:16 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 46
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I may contact you about other mods later as I see you are in the mod business and local. Lucky for me the the PO did alot already. This is the first car/truck that I bought with alot of the work already done. I usually take the hit. I most recently built a race car from the ground up and it has been a money pit.

That subwoofer is really slick and out of the way. The head unit is stock. The speakers were upgraded and he put in an amp. I really should replace the head unit(I would like to be able to use my IPOD), add an amp for the sub and install a sub.

If Al and Ed's can do the install, that would be better as I spend what little time I have in the garage on my moneypit/race car.

Thanks for the suggestions. This is a terrific forum and great source of information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 04-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 20,274
Thanks: 23
Thanked 20 Times in 11 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by David '96 993 View Post
I may contact you about other mods later as I see you are in the mod business and local. Lucky for me the the PO did alot already. This is the first car/truck that I bought with alot of the work already done. I usually take the hit. I most recently built a race car from the ground up and it has been a money pit.

That subwoofer is really slick and out of the way. The head unit is stock. The speakers were upgraded and he put in an amp. I really should replace the head unit(I would like to be able to use my IPOD), add an amp for the sub and install a sub.

If Al and Ed's can do the install, that would be better as I spend what little time I have in the garage on my moneypit/race car.

Thanks for the suggestions. This is a terrific forum and great source of information.
your very welcome.... ill call up my buddy tommarow and just get you a price for that JL one... ill ask him if anyone else makes one that hids the sub.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 04-10-2007, 07:09 PM
im fat and ugly


 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shreveport, LA
Posts: 15,684
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
look into the infinity bass box(not sure the name) its a seft inclosed 10" subwoofer thats powered, and it it will not stick out more than the spare tire,

i am looking into one myself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors