Subwoofer Location - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 Ford Excursion Forum This forum is for topics relating to the Ford Excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2007, 05:47 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Subwoofer Location

Has anyone installed a subwoofer in their Excursion? I would rather not buy a box and put it in back as I use the storage space regularly. The only option that I can think of is to cut into the rear doors.

Any ideas? Its a massive truck with alot of space, but I do use the space.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by David '96 993 View Post
Has anyone installed a subwoofer in their Excursion? I would rather not buy a box and put it in back as I use the storage space regularly. The only option that I can think of is to cut into the rear doors.

Any ideas? Its a massive truck with alot of space, but I do use the space.
look into JL Auido... they have some custom boxes that are made for your truck.... wont take up hardly any space....
Old 04-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

better yet here is a link

JL Audio: Products
Old 04-10-2007, 05:53 PM

I see in your signature that you are in LA. Any suggestions for audio equipment in the South Bay area?

Thank you for the JL suggestion. I will look into right now.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
I see in your signature that you are in LA. Any suggestions for audio equipment in the South Bay area?

Thank you for the JL suggestion. I will look into right now.
my buddy owns a couple al-n- eds auto sounds..... if you find one that you want i can prob get him to hook you up with a deal and ship it...... where exactly you located?
Old 04-10-2007, 06:03 PM

I am in Manhattan Beach. There is an Al & Eds on Hawthorne in Torrance. Very close to my house.

The previous owner upgraded the stereo slightly, but its hard to hear over the BFG AT's and 7.3L. It needs some help or all of the concerts I went to as a kid are now having an impact on my hearing...
Old 04-10-2007, 06:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
I am in Manhattan Beach. There is an Al & Eds on Hawthorne in Torrance. Very close to my house.

The previous owner upgraded the stereo slightly, but its hard to hear over the BFG AT's and 7.3L. It needs some help or all of the concerts I went to as a kid are now having an impact on my hearing...
i know what your talking about lol... that one of the first upgrades i did....ill see if he can talk to those guys at the al n eds or if not maybe get you the deal on the stuff here and ship it to that locatoin.... most subs arnt that hard to install....is it an aftermarket head unit?
Old 04-10-2007, 06:16 PM

I may contact you about other mods later as I see you are in the mod business and local. Lucky for me the the PO did alot already. This is the first car/truck that I bought with alot of the work already done. I usually take the hit. I most recently built a race car from the ground up and it has been a money pit.

That subwoofer is really slick and out of the way. The head unit is stock. The speakers were upgraded and he put in an amp. I really should replace the head unit(I would like to be able to use my IPOD), add an amp for the sub and install a sub.

If Al and Ed's can do the install, that would be better as I spend what little time I have in the garage on my moneypit/race car.

Thanks for the suggestions. This is a terrific forum and great source of information.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
I may contact you about other mods later as I see you are in the mod business and local. Lucky for me the the PO did alot already. This is the first car/truck that I bought with alot of the work already done. I usually take the hit. I most recently built a race car from the ground up and it has been a money pit.

That subwoofer is really slick and out of the way. The head unit is stock. The speakers were upgraded and he put in an amp. I really should replace the head unit(I would like to be able to use my IPOD), add an amp for the sub and install a sub.

If Al and Ed's can do the install, that would be better as I spend what little time I have in the garage on my moneypit/race car.

Thanks for the suggestions. This is a terrific forum and great source of information.
your very welcome.... ill call up my buddy tommarow and just get you a price for that JL one... ill ask him if anyone else makes one that hids the sub.....
Old 04-10-2007, 07:09 PM
im fat and ugly

look into the infinity bass box(not sure the name) its a seft inclosed 10" subwoofer thats powered, and it it will not stick out more than the spare tire,

i am looking into one myself
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.