Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

V/B spring comversion

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  trailerjack 
#1 ·
Ok. I know this subject has been beat to death but.......I have a set of X and B code springs off of a low mileage f350. Also have rear sway bar and mount from same truck. I am going to order parts from Cary in the very near future( U bolts, shocks, st stabilizer...etc.). My question is has anyone run this combo on their Ex? If so, how much tire were you able to run? I was thinking of running my stock 20" wheels from my '13 F350 KR. Even thought about adding a 3" or so lift to the new springs. I appreciate any input you may have. Thank you

#3 ·
A lot more info on excursions(especially spring mods) on ford truck enthusiasts. Warning- you will do the mod after going there and reading

#4 ·
I'm running the same leaf springs on my 2000 Ex and ended up having to lift the rear end with 4" icon lift blocks to level here out! As for wheels and tires, still running the stockers. Have been wanting to get a new set my self but didn't have the money to replace it all so ended up just buying general grabber tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
I didn't have to do it! The way the excursion looked though, it seemed to be sagging in the rear! I measured it "center hub to fender well" all the way around and it was even. But some people say it's like an optical illusion because the rear end looked lower! Now my rear end is 2" taller than the front end but it looks even.

#8 ·
ok, completed conversion last weekend. gained a little over 4" up front and about 3 1/2" inches in rear. Looks to me to be just a little nose high for now. I will get some pics and let you all decide. Waiting to put my wheels and tires on before pics though. As for the ride............. a world of difference! Cary at CT is just the best! I've bothered him to no end for advice and he has willingly helped without one complaint. I highly recommend him! Going to run my factory 20" KR wheels on the ex to start. They have 33" on them. I also have a set of aftermarket 17x9 that I am going to throw some 35" on and try. I will keep you updated. Oh, by the way, 2006 King Ranch leather being installed in about 3 weeks.

#9 ·
Congrats on the conversion! I see you had a similar problem as I did. I'm from California and cannot for the life of me stand all those "Baja" style trucks, which is why I decided to add the lift blocks in the rear. Let me know if you have any clearance issues with those 35" tires. Pretty sure I'm taking a break on the truck for now since I just dropped like 3k into it but wheels and tires are next.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.