Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2000 f350 possible GEM issues....HELP

883 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  sbluke55 
#1 ·
So the other night after a good long hard rain all day my truck randomly tried starting itself off and on. I disconnected the batteries, next morning went out reconnected the batteries and drove her home.

Went to sleep for a few hours and my truck burnt down the positive battery cable on the passenger side. Dont know as of yet if it fried the starter or something else yet.

Research tells me its the GEM on the back of the fuse box, pulled that and its a ver. G. Not finding any of those out there. I can find the same part number replacement but not the save version.

Any ideas? the sticker on the back is water damaged but I dont see any evidence of water getting inside of there.

TIA Mark

#2 ·
Mine is doing something similar. When it rains the heater comes on and will only turn off when I pull the door lock fuse(weird). I found water on the silicone for the windshield above the vin plate. So I'm going to try to run a bead of silicone around the windshield and see if it fixes it or I'll just replace it. It's got some stars and chips so it's not worth paying to get it pulled and resealed.

#4 ·
Bummer. I would call a few different shops on a reseal. They just don't want to do it.

#5 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.