Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

713 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  BlueRhino7.3 
#1 ·
New Member, New diesel owner, new ford owner. Got my first ford truck used this year back in March, it's a 2001 F250sd with the 7.3, 144k miles, has a new paint job that matched the stock one and have done the basics, transmission / front, rear diff fluid changes, oil and put a 4" magnaflow turbo back exhaust, has an afe intake and no cat. So far- I love it!! Put a chip load into it on economy and at 75mph was getting 18.9mpg. No lift and no plans to lift it, I want this baby to last. Hopefully she does right.

I live in Commifornistan so that sucks. But, from what I can tell this rig is 100% legal (for now).

#2 ·
welcome to the org AND the diesel addiction
:ORG welcome:
I live in the peoples republik of kommiefornia as well so I feel your pain. my truck is very close to stock at least for now but the need to improve mileage and performance may get the better of me... I already have a mtw stage 2 turbo being shipped so...

#3 ·
Got a question, what rpm is too high for these things on the freeway? @70 it's about 2100 and at 75 it's about 2250, is that too much for these engines or is that normal? And, after waiting for my glow plugs to warm sometimes (cold engine) it fires right up and sometimes it takes a good 5 seconds to turn over, is that normal? I'm eager to learn!!

#4 ·
Your RPM's are normal, just remember that over 2000 the fuel gods get greedy. At least on mine they do.

As far as the starting :dunno: 5 one thousands or 1,2,3,4,5?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.