Total shut down!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2014, 04:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs down Total shut down!!!

I have a 2000 F350 7.3L powerstroke and in specific area's itll absolutely just cut out and die while driving. For example we were going through Moab UT and right there getting into town i pass by what looks to be radio towers (my suspicion is that its tower signals shutting me down) and my truck shut down and sure enough throughout the entire trip, never failing, my truck would die in this spot. To avoid kiling my truck through town id have to take backroads through the neighborhoods around this small stretch of road that was a "killzone". The first time this happened it killed my truck and I pulled over, my truck would barely start at first with a real rough idle, then after that first start it wouldnt run at all. It did throw the CPS was bad so i replaced the sensor and it didnt change one thing. The only thing to fix the issue was to tow it away from the area and itd run fine again. Just to test it I drove past there again and sure enough, it killed it again but i was able to coast away far enough for the truck to start up and run fine again. MY QUESTION IS has anyone ever experienced this or maybe have any kind of hunch as to what the heck is going on. I'm moving out of state for college to the big city and certainly dont want this to be an ongoing issue especially there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2014, 05:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Thats crazy, ive never heard of that. Ive driven through moab several times and that certainly didnt happen to me. Does it happen anywhere besides moab?
Old 06-12-2014, 05:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yes it also happens in my home town, we call the area flat top and it's where all the radio repeaters and a lot of power equipment is as I understand it, in addition to this it happened the first time at fort Louis college in Durango Colorado
Old 06-12-2014, 05:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I also see that you have the 175/146 injectors, injectors are going to be my next addition to my truck, how big of a difference could you tell from the swamps and stock, assuming you switched from stock
Old 06-12-2014, 05:53 PM

Old 06-12-2014, 05:55 PM

Thats weird. I did a quick google search of vehicles dying in moab, nothing but deaths of people came up, searched dying near towers, and nothing really came up either. Ill try to dig a little deeper, see if i can find anything

As for injectors, it was a substantial upgrade from stock. I want to upgrade to a 38r though because you "run out" of turbo at WOT. It pulls my 13k pound 5'ver great though
Old 06-12-2014, 07:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for youre help! i really hope theres some kind of solution or answer to the issue
Old 06-13-2014, 06:37 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Are you using an older DPTuner?
Old 06-13-2014, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRalPh View Post
Are you using an older DPTuner?
this....I'd say that or a remote start or alarm not shielded from rf.

oh and also Centennial State Powerstrokes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum stop in and say hi if you want
Old 06-13-2014, 09:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The only tuner I have is an edge evolution cts and as for an alarm system the guy I picked it up from may of had one installed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
7.3l, need help, powerstroke problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.