06-12-2014, 09:01 AM
Join Date: Aug 2013
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
P0221 TPS sensor b issue please help
So I am pretty frustrated with the truck. Its a 2001 F250 2wd 7.3 with 218k miles. I have come to know that the 7.3 is a beast of an engine, but all the sensors that are needed to make the truck run are much more fragile and problematic. Anyways, here is what I have got so far.
- few weeks back the throttle would go dead randomly. I let off the throttle, pump it a few times and it would come back.
- last Saturday it went dead in a bad way. Took a lot of pumping to come back up and I got a SES light but it did come back
- Pulled P0221 code, got on this awesome website and found the possible solutions.
- Pulled throttle pedal assembly, cleaned it real well and reinstalled. Problem still happening, albeit not as bad, but still there.
- Ford dealer couldn't find a part number for the 2 sensor pedal that I have so had to order aftermarket throttle pedal.
- Installed new throttle pedal, cleared code and went for test drive
- very shortly after leaving the driveway the SES light came back on with the same code.
- Have ordered another throttle assembly to try. Will be here Friday
I have also checked the fuses that I know to check, namely fuse #19 on my truck. I have no fuse #45. Coincidentally, it sure would be nice if Ford would have labeled what the fuses are for. All I have is numbers.
Is there anything else that I can check here? Can a chafed overdrive wire cause the issue but not blow the fuse?
I really hope you guys can help. I want to avoid taking it to the shop to diagnose this. Not to mention that I am so frustrated with this to the point that I am looking online to see how much I can get for the truck.