Regency f350 for $5,000! Help with a crazy noise - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2014, 05:56 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Regency f350 for $5,000! Help with a crazy noise

I bought a new truck last night. 2001 F350 crew can dually 7.3 with the regency conversion kit. Nice clean truck. 308,000 paid $5,000 for it. I knew going into this the truck needed some tlc mechanically. The tranny is shot. It will shift into over drive but slips out. Fan clutch is stuck and power steering pump is weak. All I can fix. Drove it 200 miles home running 2700 rpm at 60mph. Ran fine however there is this crazy squeal that I have no clue what it is. It sounds like the fan clutch try's it kick in and it just scratches. Does it in every gear from 1800 rpm and up. The first owner who I bought I'd from put a sct on the truck but didn't do gauges or exhaust. Luckly he only had it on there for 20,000 miles not the full 308,000. So do I have a turbo issue? Or is in in the belts. Guy said the noise started after the tranny dropped overdrive. To me it sounds like when the tc tries to lock up it squeals. Truck runs strong, even with a bad tranny it out ran my dads 09 hemi ram from 0-60. For what I paid for the truck and with it having the regency kit I think it's worth fixing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2014, 05:58 AM

I should also state that the squeal cycles in with either the fan clutch or tc trying to lock and unlock. Not sure which yet
Old 04-05-2014, 06:02 AM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.