HELP-fuel leak - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2014, 05:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HELP-fuel leak

So, I walked out this morning to a wet spot under my truck...hhmmm. Didn't smell any fuel but when I cranked the truck to warm up, liquid came pouring out and onto the ground. I moved the truck forward and swiped the ground with my fingers to smell....FUEL I had to have someone come pick me up for work so I didn't get to look too closely, but there seems to be a hole where the fuel is leaking from...Anyone have any advice for me? Here are some pics:

Hopefully someone comes in here and tells me it's a $50 fix....probably not though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2014, 06:22 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Well you know it's not coming from there - right?

Look up top, I bet you'll find fuel in the Valley and it's just running back from there.

In most cases, fuel leaks Are actually $50 fixes! The two common spots would be the Drain (plastic yellow thing behind the Fuel Bowl) has bad O-Rings and the steel fuel line on the Rear Pass Head has a metal "clip" that secures it to the head and chafes thru.

Climb up there and have a Look
The Following User Says Thank You to NoRalPh For This Useful Post:
gentimmy (03-24-2014)
Old 03-24-2014, 06:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRalPh View Post
Well you know it's not coming from there - right?

Look up top, I bet you'll find fuel in the Valley and it's just running back from there.

In most cases, fuel leaks Are actually $50 fixes! The two common spots would be the Drain (plastic yellow thing behind the Fuel Bowl) has bad O-Rings and the steel fuel line on the Rear Pass Head has a metal "clip" that secures it to the head and chafes thru.

Climb up there and have a Look
Thanks for the quick response! I'll get deeper into it this afternoon. Are these parts easily available at say, an Autozone?

I mean honestly, I didn't know if it's not coming from there because that piece I took a picture of looked punctured. I didn't know if fuel was getting recycled somewhere it shouldn't be and was exiting via a puncture wound or what...
Old 03-24-2014, 06:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

My guess would be your fuel bowl drain($50 new or rebuild it for $5 from diesel orings) or passenger side fuel line has a hole in it from a clamp rubbing on it.
The Following User Says Thank You to sbluke55 For This Useful Post:
gentimmy (03-24-2014)
Old 03-24-2014, 09:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

You might also check to see if the fuel filter cover has popped up. I've had it happen. Over pressure? Dirty filter? I don't know. It also happened to me this morning...I just went back inside and called in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.