hard start, white smoke, lack of powerrrrr - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2014, 06:01 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hard start, white smoke, lack of powerrrrr

Hey guys. So I bought this beautiful truck with 200k miles on her. She had an exhaust break system that wasn't working. Then I noticed it had an aftermarket vacuum pump. That wasn't working. I took her to my mechanic's shop. What we found was shocking given that it is a 7.3. This could only mean one thing. The previous ungreatful, irresponsible owner abused her and beat up on the pedal. Cab was lifted, and all became apparent. If any of you have been experiencing similar issues, stick around this thread. You will see pictures that you may never have seen before on a 7.3... and I hope this will help you figure out what your truck is doing. These trucks are bulletproof. Any truck with this much issues wouldnt even run. But poor blue still trucked on. More soon. Im just wondering if others have had any of these issues?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2014, 06:49 AM
Premium Member

What was the issue?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-20-2014, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricemiester View Post
What was the issue?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Well, we are working through all problems. Once cab lifted, we found 2 head gaskets blown. Oil was caked up all over tranny which was flowing back and onto the tranny from gaskets. Injector o rings had to be replaced. Epbv issues, so we opted for delete. Turbo orings leaking as well. The exhaust break system was also malfunctioning. The up pipes had 2 tiny leaks too. All these are being addressed. I have pictures and soon will get more pictures to post..
Old 02-20-2014, 07:45 AM

Talking to the diesel mech...he said usually hard start with white smoke may indicate injector o rings, sleeves issues, but also head gasket and turbo leaks. And all were happening to this poor old truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.