No clue by me or ford service! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HillbillyDeluxe39

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2014, 09:05 AM
RJA

No clue by me or ford service!

This is a weird one! Last night, after using pickup all day, got in, shut door and chime would not quit. Then heard the door locks attempting to lock/unlock. Because of getting tools in/out of backseat, thought something was keeping door from closing all the way, checked and nothing. Back in the driver seat noticed that instrument panel gauges not working. With wife pressing down on passenger unlock pad and me on my side, door lock sound quit (chime still dinging). Put in drive, same thing. Drove and with the accelerator pedal down, chime and door lock issue quit (gauges still not working). Just as soon as I let up on accelerator, issues start again. Have not checked the fuses yet, but local ford shop said that can't be the issue. Could be the alternator but charge gauge, when working, indicated a good charge. Now have been suggested could be a ground issue. Most have told me that, while it could be a simple fix, once in the shop the labor spent to find problem could be substantial. Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2014, 08:15 PM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Take your steering column cover off, and look for wires that are chafed or broke. I have a friend who just were through this, and he found a broken wire under that cover

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-24-2014, 08:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Your GEM module could be malfunctioning. Its mounted under the dash behind the fuse block and controls things like the locks, windows, wipers etc.
huck2080 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.