Reman injector won't fire - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2014, 07:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Reman injector won't fire

I have a reman injector that will not fire. I have tested absolutely everything short of tearing the injector apart. No oil comes out, no fuel comes out. Electrically the truck is perfect. I swapped idms with a known good one an nothing. This is the 6th one i've replaced and of course it's my fault or the trucks fault. Now before i replaced all 8 of these the only problem the truck had was cold starting. Since nov 1 i have replaced 6 of these. The last one i replaced was one that had a compressionwqsher go bad and blew out, the inj worked but was nasty. So i replaced that inj with a clean one from the remanufacturer and now it's not working. What would make it not work? Is there anything I can do to make it work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2014, 09:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

well first off is your uvch bad
Old 01-20-2014, 09:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

what he said^^^^^
Old 01-20-2014, 10:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

No sir every thing that is or could be electrical is absolutely perfect. All electronics have been cleared it does not fire. If i idle it i unplug it no change plug it in no change. Pull it out and the tip is still very clean. No oil flow at all through deflector. Did not pass buzz test did pass contribution test. I can operate it on the system you here it click but very very faint. The others sound like bees this one sounds like spanish fly. Anything electronic is working 100% or better i even did the idm mod and everything that works is working very nicely. The injector i pulled out that was muffed up worked but needed cleaned so we swapped em and within 3 hrs of pulling the new one was in and nothing. The light i didn't have i now have. All oil and fuel pressures are perfect new icp and ipr, hpop was cleaned of all debris as was the fuel system in both heads.

So internally what could cause and injector to fail? It's reman never been used. Could the magnet be junk? Could the poppit valve be stuck? Could the plunger be stuck? But if i'm not moving oil i'm not moving fuel. Sooooo?
Old 01-20-2014, 10:56 PM
Rodslinger's B1TCH

If you take the 4 solenoid screws out of the top of that injector there is an armature plate that is about 1/4" thick that is held down with an odd screw. That plate needs to be tight or the injector won't work.

I had a loose one on one of my injectors that I tightened down with purple locktite and needle nose pliers.

It's worth a look. Also test that solenoid for resistance while it's out. I think 1.8 ohms is about right. You should also test that solenoid back through to the main idm harness. If you've replaced the uvch, that might be wired wrong from the factory too.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Plate was tight, my thought is magnet.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Is it possible to hurt the magnet on install? Like hitting to hard?
Old 01-21-2014, 08:39 PM
Rodslinger's B1TCH

i think if you damaged it, it would be visible. did you do a resistance check on that solenoid?
Old 01-21-2014, 08:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Well its a weird little setup inside em and a hard enough hit might dislodge something muy importante. Yea i tested it but i dont remember what the ohms were i think it was in spec if i remember. But its been a few days.

Last edited by Dzlnzl; 01-21-2014 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Potato
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.