FUEL LEAK..HELP! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
FUEL LEAK..HELP!

I have a fuel leak and its dripping out of the hose underneath the water drain switch on the Fuel bowl i think thats what you call it, behind the fuel filter. I have been reading a little and I guess the 0 rings go out or what not.. I need info on what i have to order or what kit i need to get to fix this. Its leaking alot of fuel..

2nd question..This truck is a 99 F350 quadcab dually.. automatic with 157k on it..I live in wisconsin and so winter sucks on these trucks..my question is..every time i start this thing when its cold and cold as in under 40 degrees...lol it starts blowing off pressure intill the truck gets to 150 degrees. I know the exact temp cause i have the edge insight on it. No tunes yet. It kicks its self into high idel intill i hit the gas or break then auto shuts off.. Is this normal, I ask cause i have had a 02 and a 05 duramax and neither did this. Plus my company had a 99 and a 2000 7.3 but they were standards...but they did not do this.. are there upgrades or mods for this..any info would be helpful.. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
FUEL LEAK..HELP!-fuel-1.jpg   FUEL LEAK..HELP!-fuel-2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2013, 04:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Also since im at it..This thing is also having problems with cold starts..cold starts as in not plugged in with in 4 hr or so if temp is down around 20 degrees. It will take 4 or 5 trys before it starts..Are the glow plugs weak? The relay seems to be working just fine..I have noticed my battery might be a little on the weak side..thinking about putting a maintainer on it when its plugged in. I have heard that injectors could also come into play with cold starts if they are going. please give my your thoughts or info. Thank you.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Ford 7.3 Diesel Fluorosilcone Drain Valve O-rings these are the o-rings for the drain valve. for just a few more dollars you can get a whole rebuild kit.A complete Fuel Bowl reseal kit for the Ford 7.3L diesel filter canister 1999-2003. he has great prices and has a site to help you do maintenance items.Welcome to guzzle's Ford PSD Web Pages

it is normal for our trucks to idle up in cold weather. i believe your work trucks would if you set the parking brake. my bucket at work is a 2011 international and it does the same thing.

Troubleshooting GPR & GP's here is how to test your glow plugs and the relay. with the area you live in it would probably be a good idea to upgrade to a stancor or western snow plow relay.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Planning on doing this soon too. One question I have is is it necessary to do the fuel pressure relief rebuild also at the same time? I dont seem to have any pressure issues but just wonder since I'm going to the trouble to rebuild the bowl. Just curious how many people if any also do this.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mine did the same thing i just got the o ring kit and put it in. Come to find out my hard cold start was because of the o ring leaking when i fixed it my truck would cold start np!!
Old 01-27-2014, 02:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Just curious how bad of a leak you guys are experiencing. Mine is not necessarily leaving a puddle in the valley but you can definitely smell raw fuel after the truck has been driven. I checked around the bowl and all the fittings and connections have dust and grease(assuming from fuel) but I'm not really seeing anything that obvious. You can definitely smell it when you are close to the fuel bowl. Wondering if I should just order the rebuild and passenger side line as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.