front end popping - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2008, 06:02 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
front end popping

hey guys im working on the truck in my sig and i have noticed here latley that the front end makes a popping noise when i get on the brakes it seems to do it under a more heavy pedal but none the less it does it most of the time nothing else seems to be affected just making a noise so any help would be appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2008, 09:48 AM
The Screwy HEUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldieStroker944 View Post
hey guys im working on the truck in my sig and i have noticed here latley that the front end makes a popping noise when i get on the brakes it seems to do it under a more heavy pedal but none the less it does it most of the time nothing else seems to be affected just making a noise so any help would be appreciated
Are the brake caliper bolts tight? Brake pad bracket bolts tight? Rotors need replacing? Can you also 'feel' the popping in the brake pedal?
Old 08-24-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarRider View Post
Are the brake caliper bolts tight? Brake pad bracket bolts tight? Rotors need replacing? Can you also 'feel' the popping in the brake pedal?
as far as i know the entire brake system is "ok" i was just throught the back and checked the front while i was doin it and everthing appeared to be ok i cant feel it in the pedal really i really cant explain it and the thing is it doesent do it all the time
Old 09-03-2008, 07:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to bignasty250
mine does it also, i have heard it could be bad sway bar bushings or bad ball joints.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to Cory S
ya mine did it too its bushings
Old 09-04-2008, 07:04 AM

Mine just started the same thing last week. Its my lower left front ball joint. Jack up the front end and CAREFULLY pry with a crow bar inbetween the ball joint and outer asembly, or whatever its called. Just dont mess up the abs sensor or anything. it will want to slide around. Now the question is where to get ball joints, and are there greasable ones?
Old 09-04-2008, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRulzz View Post
Mine just started the same thing last week. Its my lower left front ball joint. Jack up the front end and CAREFULLY pry with a crow bar inbetween the ball joint and outer asembly, or whatever its called. Just dont mess up the abs sensor or anything. it will want to slide around. Now the question is where to get ball joints, and are there greasable ones?
yea i just got 100,000 miles on the truck so i suppose its time to start doing some of the checking front end and drive shaft parts and stuff like that... but your right where is a good place to get all that stuff i have been getting alot of the stuff from a truck parts place here in town and they have been awesome of coarse the to carry navistare parts too lol hehe
Old 09-04-2008, 10:55 AM

well, i needed an alignment before this problem started cause my front tires are badly worn (duallie), and i figured i should do bushings because they are dried out. So... now thats bushings, ball joints, tires, alignment... ouch. i did find a link for ball joints and everything needed to complete the job here powerstrokeshop.com. So far seems to be a good price too.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:36 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

The only BJ's to use are the Moog greasable. Powerstrokeshop.com sells the entire kit at a good price. Ask for Bob.

NCH
Old 09-05-2008, 10:17 AM

Purchased the kit yesterday. You mean I could have gotten a discount? o well. still a good price from what i could find online.

One question. Is the "F81Z 3254CB Hub seals" the seal that is also responsible for holding the vacume in for the hubs? I had a bad roller bearing, and replaced all the orings, but still have one hub that leaks. Id like to fix that while its apart. Thanks for the help, in advanced.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.