Another cold weather (TX) start problem ;/ - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2013, 09:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Another cold weather (TX) start problem ;/

FIXED: Realized i never updated this, for future reference for anyone with this issue!

My cables going to one battery the bolts had come loose but yet they were still snug, well snug doesn't cut it with these beasts! Took it to a shop they cut them off put some new ones on tightened down tight and starts like it hadn't in awhile!

Seems like this truck just doesnt like me, went through a big deal last year, stolen, injector cups leaked, new injectors, bad batter, etc. so been great this year... until it got chilly here in tx a couple weeks ago.

Go to start the truck turns over fine, but a click noise constant under the steering wheel somewhere and it WILL NOT fire when this thing clicks. So it was doing it last year and ended up being a bad batter, checked batteries one was 2 3/4 years old and it was 11 at night jumped the truck off (started fine on the jump) and went to walmart changed the batter out (i had to travel back to arlington to school and i was at home when it happened) swapped batteries and bam started back up fine! been doing great until i go out about 20min ago to start it in the apartment parking lot and it does it again, i disconnect my alarm system fuses in case its something to do with it, still does it.

Seems to only do it when its cold, ill see if i can get it started tm afternoon when it warms up a bit.

Ideas? i dont really have many vehicles around here that can attempt to jump me off lol alot of cars and foreign trucks.

So anyways im looking for all ideas and suggestions to the limits that i can do here at least lol probly going to need to drive it an hour home thursday and to houston friday morning.

Thanks!

Last edited by Lurch350; 03-17-2014 at 08:51 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2013, 02:24 AM

Mine clicks when the batteries are low. I am not for sure, but I do believe the batts should be 12v when off, and 14v ish when running. This is why when you hook a charger up it does fine. Check battery connections also.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:05 AM

So even tho it's turning over something electrical due to low voltage is keeping it from starting when colder? What could cause that? I'll wiggle cables after class!

And what is it in the cab that's clicking??

Last edited by Lurch350; 11-20-2013 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Extra ?
Old 11-20-2013, 08:08 AM

I'm not sure. It sounds like a relay, but I dont know what for. Its under my steering wheel is all I can tell.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:39 PM

always replace batteries in pairs.

take the old battery out and get it load tested.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:50 PM

Realized i never updated this, for future reference for anyone with this issue!

My cables going to one battery the bolts had come loose but yet they were still snug, well snug doesn't cut it with these beasts! Took it to a shop they cut them off put some new ones on tightened down tight and starts like it hadn't in awhile!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.