Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

99 F350 starting and running issues

761 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  jdhauler16 
#1 ·
Hello I am new to this forum and am at a loss when it comes to this truck.At first the truck was running fine and out of the blue it would start and run fine and then about 5 minutes later the truck would start to loose power and would stall out. it would eventually start running again after cranking and warming up. Then one day it just stopped running all together. I changed the fuel filter and she started running again. I took it to a friend that has a Snap on reader and it came up as a ICP circuit short. Sure enough after replacing the ICP it ran fine. I am having a issue where the truck has to be cycled twice and the pedal needs to be half to the floor. When it does start it it idles rough and surges crazy. It does have another code now saying the exhaust back pressure circuit voltage is low. any info on this would be helpful as i am trying to keep it out of a shop. I am ordering the Exhaust Back Pressure sensor. Could it be due to a IRP or injector harness.

Parts Replace:
ICP
Fuel Filter

Additional Info:
Truck has never smoked and doesn't have low oil.
I am running Shell Rotella 15w-40
Truck has 267546 miles on it and was built 06/98
1999 F350/7.3 liter/ automatic 2wd

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.