NEED HELP Edge Juice - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2008, 10:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Scooter9495 Send a message via Yahoo to Scooter9495
NEED HELP Edge Juice

Hi everyone, this is my first post and i have a problem and couldnt find anything under search.i have a 2001 excursion 7.3 and it runs perfect, i installed an edge juice with att. today and when i started it, it ran like crap, idle surge,push the pedal and doesnt even want to rev., hold pedal to floor and revs SUPER slow, let off and it dies.Checked all connections several times,went back to factory and runs perfect again. ANYONE ELSE HAVE PROBLEMS LIKE THIS? Juice bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2008, 11:36 PM
Premium Member

i actually heard the Edge brand of performance chips for a powerstroke is the bomb. My 6.0L is actually in the shop right now. My truck had an edge on it for about a week and when i put it on it ran like crap but i didnt do it right. I took it to my diesel mechanic and he rehooked it up and it ran like a charm. No Chipped up cummins or Duramaxie pad could touch me. I took it off because i needed some money.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:52 PM
Premium Member

Thumbs up fix psd

well it sounds like the plugs are not clean and or the tap at the icp is not in there good.there is a plug for the map ,to check all hook ups and back track your hook ups you,ll find her.dont floor it until you do it might short something.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:57 PM
back to business

No idea, sorry!!! Might want to look into a custom burned chip though

Old 07-25-2008, 11:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Edge

Very odd! I have an 03 6.0L 4x4 and the performance was just the opposite for me. I have been happy with it. Mine is just the module, no attitude and only 3 settings, 50, 75, and 100hp gains. My mileage stayed the same at 13mpg.

Is yours a module like mine that mounts under the hood. I don't think it is even possible but did you plug in the wrong harness. You pull the middle harness of the three from the pcm and plug it into the module's empty slot, then the edge pcm harness goes in the middle where the stock used to be. It should be that simple. Like I said, I don't have the attitude so that is all I can offer other than giving you their phone #.

(801)476-3343. I know they will gladly take it and have it back within a week. They will actually hook it up to that vehicle and test how it runs. They will also go through the whole board and make sure all is up to specs. I know everyone has their own opinion on what performance chip is the best so I am sure you will have people slam it on this forum so be prepared for that. I hope you get it figured out.

I'm about to slam those sulastic rubber springs I just mounted while I'm on the subject of slamming. It was a major pain to install them with just jacks and stands in the drive, especially if you have big hands. I believe I have to agree with a fellow that posted his comments about them in the suspension forum. "I literally had to strain to notice a difference if there was one at all". I bought them because I had a 2 level back fusion and heard they smooth and take the harshness out of the 3/4 ton ride. My back can literally notice a 2 lb difference in my tire pressure, but not these. If I didn't put them on myself, I wouldn't have known anything had been done to the suspension, no kidding.

As much of a hassle as it was on my back to mount them, I will most likely keep them on just to avoid all the BS I went through mounting them. I may just eat the $340. As for all of the benefits they claim like shorter brake distance, better handling, reduction in vibration, etc...I noticed none of those things.

So in my opinion, they did nothing for me, I may just take them off anyway and send them back to get a better riding shock all the way around as that will cost about the same and that WOULD make a noticeable difference. I am sure the Ranchos that came with the FX4 package are not the greatest.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin hawaiian View Post
well it sounds like the plugs are not clean and or the tap at the icp is not in there good.there is a plug for the map ,to check all hook ups and back track your hook ups you,ll find her.dont floor it until you do it might short something.

Thanks for reply flyin, Ya everything on the juice is y harness,map,mat,icp,tps,cps i have checked all of them several times making sure no bent pins or bad connections.when the key is turned on the display powers up and i start it but it goes right into a up down idle search with almost no response to pedal position.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07OUTLAW View Post
No idea, sorry!!! Might want to look into a custom burned chip though

07OUTLAW, ya i know what you mean about a chip.i figured i didnt want to go crazy for a tune but i guess this is what i get LOL. So the wildman is the way to go for the 7.3?
Old 07-26-2008, 12:08 AM
Premium Member

Thumbs up psd

did you put the truck in limp mode
Old 07-26-2008, 12:10 AM
Premium Member

Thumbs up psd

did you put the truck in limp mode.when you unpluged it how did she run
Old 07-26-2008, 12:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin hawaiian View Post
did you put the truck in limp mode

I wouldnt even call it limp mode,it would not have even made it out my driveway. hoped it didnt fry any factory equipment so i put it back to stock and fired right up and ran normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.