speedo no work & od "off" light flashes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-29-2008, 05:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
speedo no work & od "off" light flashes

This happens when I start my truck up - here are some other items

1) sometimes the door open light is on while truck is running & all the doors really are shut. The dome light stays on.

2) turn the truck off - leave the key in ignition,exit truck, close the door & the dinger keeps dingin

The dealer put in a new fuse box. & also a module - I'll have to look for the part # but my real issue started out that my blinkers didn't work unless I stuck a pencil between two of them but that got old after 2 years so the replaced it & dealer said it was rusted in the back when they replaced it. after it was fixed I tried my remote button to unlock the truck - its didn't work. They took the fuse box back out & said it had water in it. (leaking windshield drivers corner) I never saw water on the floor or anywhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 06-29-2008, 06:00 AM
Illiana Chapter Director

 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bloomington, IN.
Posts: 11,928
Thanks: 4
Thanked 48 Times in 45 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunco View Post
This happens when I start my truck up - here are some other items

1) sometimes the door open light is on while truck is running & all the doors really are shut. The dome light stays on.

2) turn the truck off - leave the key in ignition,exit truck, close the door & the dinger keeps dingin

The dealer put in a new fuse box. & also a module - I'll have to look for the part # but my real issue started out that my blinkers didn't work unless I stuck a pencil between two of them but that got old after 2 years so the replaced it & dealer said it was rusted in the back when they replaced it. after it was fixed I tried my remote button to unlock the truck - its didn't work. They took the fuse box back out & said it had water in it. (leaking windshield drivers corner) I never saw water on the floor or anywhere else.
Your speedo problem and OD light flashing cold be caused by a speed sensor in the rear differential. You could try and pull codes and see what comes up. The dome light staying on is caused by a switch in one of your doors. There is a switch in every door and it is built into the latch. Get some contact cleaner and spray in all of the latches. Open and close all the doors multiple times and see if the lights go out. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 06-29-2008, 03:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
OK I'll try the door thing.
as far as the od & speedometer - sometimes is works & other times not. The good thing on the not is it will have fewer miles

On a side note I just power washed my engine & I'm looking for leaks. I think the two lines (hpop thing?) might be leaking. I'm afraid to bring it back to the dealer because they never said anything about testing my diesel for leaks. I'm only gettin 13.5 around town. 8.5 pulling the toyhauler
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 06-29-2008, 04:16 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bloomington, IN.
Posts: 11,928
Thanks: 4
Thanked 48 Times in 45 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunco View Post
OK I'll try the door thing.
as far as the od & speedometer - sometimes is works & other times not. The good thing on the not is it will have fewer miles

On a side note I just power washed my engine & I'm looking for leaks. I think the two lines (hpop thing?) might be leaking. I'm afraid to bring it back to the dealer because they never said anything about testing my diesel for leaks. I'm only gettin 13.5 around town. 8.5 pulling the toyhauler
Probably just o-rings causing the leak. It could still be the rear speed sensor. I would still check for codes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 06-29-2008, 04:42 PM
ADMIN AND TECH


 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: winston salem north carolina
Posts: 9,210
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanna6powerstroke View Post
Your speedo problem and OD light flashing cold be caused by a speed sensor in the rear differential. You could try and pull codes and see what comes up. The dome light staying on is caused by a switch in one of your doors. There is a switch in every door and it is built into the latch. Get some contact cleaner and spray in all of the latches. Open and close all the doors multiple times and see if the lights go out. Hope this helps.
ditto
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 06-30-2008, 05:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
By testing for leaks - if there are any - assuming there was & they got fixed. Would that increase my mileage? OK I talked w/ a friend about my truck. It must be leaking on the top because the bell housing has oil over it. I looked & think the oil is coming from the cover that has the two orange hose fitting going to it. (just below the turbo?)

The next is the oil is on the drivers side cross member but it must be the pan .

Man this sucks. Its going into the dealer to be checked. If the motor has to come out then I gotta see how much & if I can afford it. The leak on top - maybe they should wait if the motor comes out & do it all at once? Wish me luck. Its going in on wednesday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 06-30-2008, 03:29 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bloomington, IN.
Posts: 11,928
Thanks: 4
Thanked 48 Times in 45 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunco View Post
By testing for leaks - if there are any - assuming there was & they got fixed. Would that increase my mileage? OK I talked w/ a friend about my truck. It must be leaking on the top because the bell housing has oil over it. I looked & think the oil is coming from the cover that has the two orange hose fitting going to it. (just below the turbo?)

The next is the oil is on the drivers side cross member but it must be the pan .

Man this sucks. Its going into the dealer to be checked. If the motor has to come out then I gotta see how much & if I can afford it. The leak on top - maybe they should wait if the motor comes out & do it all at once? Wish me luck. Its going in on wednesday.
Probably high pressure oil line fittings causing the entire problem. You don't see a lot of oil pan gaskets leaking on the 7.3 trucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 07-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bend, Or
Posts: 5,918
Thanks: 28
Thanked 29 Times in 27 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Relax... Its not your pan, the motor doesnt have to come out... The oil in the valley could be HPO O rings, IPR, ICP sensor or turbo pedistal O rings... Nothing to get excited about. Clean it up good with degreaser and drive for a day. Then feel around and find exactly where its leaking.

Also, look up the CCV mod and do it. Your orange boots are covered in oil because of the ccv oil, its soaking thru them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 07-01-2008, 12:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bastrop, Tx.
Posts: 443
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Drepka
My door ajar light did the same thing and my dome and cargo light would stay on. Sprayed some silicone spray in each door lock and it has stopped the problem for a year now with it not happening again to this day.

I had a hell of an oil leak myslef up in the valley. I took it to a shop and they said rear main and that's what i thought too. I found my way to this website and diagnosed it to be the hpop orings with the help of the guys on here. ( Thanks again Scuffy) I replaced the orings and bang it hasnt leaked a drop since. just turned 200 thousand and running great with no leaks or door lights coming on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 07-02-2008, 05:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
OK - its in the shop, lets see what they come up with. I'll share as soon as I know. When I dropped it off they had someone else's truck w/ the motor out because they where getting a new oil pan.

Whats the cost at a dealer VS. private shop to do the oil pan thing?
Ford has is around $2000 - $2500. & as high as $3000 if you need up pipes.

I'm in North Western Jersey.

My thoughts are that they are trained & have the tools to do the job. No matter what its hard to find someone that you trust & don't cost an arm & a leg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors