pos alarm.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bignasty250
pos alarm....

k thanks to this ragidy azz alarm my truck had everything stolen out it, including 2 12" subs 1 amp, my i pod, my radar, and all my cds and movies but atleist they could not get my tv out. what i need to know is how to get my alrm to work, the damn thugs unlocked it cause the window was cracked open and nothing went off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2008, 01:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to chopstx667
Dang man, sorry to hear about that. Hope you find them sons of b's and kick their ***!!

Was this in San Antonio or Long Beach?

Here's a bump for your question.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignasty250 View Post
k thanks to this ragidy azz alarm my truck had everything stolen out it, including 2 12" subs 1 amp, my i pod, my radar, and all my cds and movies but atleist they could not get my tv out. what i need to know is how to get my alrm to work, the damn thugs unlocked it cause the window was cracked open and nothing went off.
Any alarm system is only as good as the installation!

I strongly suggest that you find a local high-end car audio retailer and talk to them about your options/needs and make sure they have the ability to do the work on your truck.

Systems from the Directed Electronics line are generally good and reliable products but they are not the only ones out there.

A word of caution regarding two-way communication/pagers, if you try to stop a thief it could end in you getting shot or stabbed by some low life theif. Don't use one of these systems to try to catch the guy, use it to help notify the police and then let them catch or track and catch the scumbag!!!

Keep in mind that in general theives are LAZY (otherwise they would get a job and work hard like the rest of us) so make your truck an unappealing target so they will move on without risking getting caught by messing with yours. Be sure the installer uses an LED with your alarm system or even more than 1 LED, (my Tahoe has 3, my motorcycle has 3 and our BMW has 2) use the ultra bright LEDs and make sure they are well placed so they can be seen from anywhere around the vehicle.

Also consider having them install more than one siren and don't use the standard configuration for the 6-tone "Viper" style siren. Most of the multi-tone sirens allow you to select which tones go off, pick two or three that will make your truck more distinctive and draw attention to it. If you install multiple sirens use a relay and fuse to isolate them from the rest of the system and think about alternate mounting locations, like under the bed and in the cab instead of just under the hood. If the theif has to silence multiple sirens he will likely leave rather than try to continue to steal your stuff.

I hope this helps!
Old 06-11-2008, 02:09 PM

I never put much faith in alarms to stop a good crook. I know a guy that did that kind of stuff and car alarms are little deterent for a pro, he can disable the alarm be in your car and gone before you can look out the window. His biggest fear is not alarms but lojack and onstar and he usually avoids any car that has that on it. According to him that stuff gets more people busted than any alarm ever did. He only stopped because a couple of his buddies got busted and drew some serious prison time, they loved powerstrokes and any lifted tricked out chevy truck.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeDuck View Post
I never put much faith in alarms to stop a good crook. I know a guy that did that kind of stuff and car alarms are little deterent for a pro, he can disable the alarm be in your car and gone before you can look out the window. His biggest fear is not alarms but lojack and onstar and he usually avoids any car that has that on it. According to him that stuff gets more people busted than any alarm ever did. He only stopped because a couple of his buddies got busted and drew some serious prison time, they loved powerstrokes and any lifted tricked out chevy truck.
Even a "pro" Thief will have a hard time with a properly installed security system. Not just a $99 installed alarm, but a properly installed security SYSTEM!

If the theif is a pro, he will try to hit the easiest targets not ones that could draw attention to him and his actions. Granted security systems are just deterents but a good one will do a good job if properly installed.

Just don't get one of the steering wheel locks... Steering wheels are meant to colapse in an accident so they are made of soft metal and can be cut EASILY with a cordless sawzall or even a pair of bolt cutters.

Don't ever rely on a factory installed keyless entry system to protect your vehicle, in most cases they have no security functions at all!

The newer monitoring services out there have taken it a step further than LoJack and OnStar. They can call, email and page you when the alarm is tripped and have "geofencing" so they know where they were when the alarm was armed and if they move they call so you know right away instead of waking up the next morning and finding your car or truck missing then having to file a police report to get them going to track your vehicle.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:49 PM

Also, put Ipods, GPS units and CDs etc away when you park, if they can't see anything of value, they will move to the next target. Also, another thing I see is people who use the CD carriers that attach to the visor, that is just like putting a sign up that says "Steal this!"

What I also like is people with big stereo systems that drive around with the windows down and the stereo cranked, that is also a big billboard telling everyone that you have aftermarket equipment in your vehicle. I have a nice stereo in one of my trucks, I run a stock headunit but have the amps and speakers hidden so it looks stock.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:55 PM
Banned

wire it to your dome light,....not under your dash....install it in the back, behind the rear seat.

For an added measure, wire in a alarm siren INSIDE the truck, and ....wire it to train horns...

When my alarm goes off....it's deafening....lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.