Cackle loss of power - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2013, 08:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cackle loss of power

I was wondering what you guys think about the Riff Raff FRX? The reason why I ask is because for about the past few months I've been having problems with cackle and a little loss of power on the bottom end. From what I've been reading it seems to be the #8 injector not getting enough fuel. When the engine doesn't have the knock it seems to run like a champ. So if you guys have any suggestions please tell me. FYI Im kinda on a budget.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2013, 10:10 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

Not sure what you mean by "Cackle" is this only while towing, unloaded etc........? If I were you I would want some live data logging while it is doing this to see what is really going on. If you don't know anyone with AE try posting a thread asking for someone in your area that might be willing to scan it for you. You don't give us any real info on your truck so how about filling out your signature with everything you have done to your truck. That way when my crystal ball is out of range I can have a better idea of what might be going on. NO, I don't think #8 injector has anything to do with what you are seeing. Check the UVC harness connections on each side where they attach to the main wiring harness on the valley side of each valve cover, look for loose or burnt terminals, this is one of the biggest cures for a miss or low on power type conditions.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It seems to be under load. I've had a diesel Mechanic just put in a new fuel pump and also cleaned the filters and the tank. He said everything is great with my truck. I'm beginning to thinks its #8 injector getting starved because its sounds exactly like that. I've heard that these trucks have a problem with deadheading.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

just put a frx on my buddys truck. it is a good piece. install will be easier if their is two people. really quieted his truck down. no injector noise/cackle
i took his extra gold fuel pressure spring (62-65 psi) and put it on my truck and it really smoothed the idle and kept fuel pressure up at WOT. but eventually ill get the frx.

it tells you to use vicegrips to get the fittings out if you dont have the right sockets.

get the right sockets. the front fitting is next to impossible to get out without the sockets.

luckily we found a 5/16 8 point socket that made getting the fittings out a breeze.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yeah my idle seems to creep up and down. I'm thinking its air.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hey Blue, I just bought the FRx and Im having a hard time getting the bolts in front of the hpop that hold the fuel bowl off. Is there something special to get them off?
Old 07-07-2014, 02:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hi guys new to powerstrokes
What is an FRx that you are talking about

Thanks terry
Old 07-25-2014, 02:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by toss bugs View Post
Hi guys new to powerstrokes
What is an FRx that you are talking about

Thanks terry
Fuel Rail Crossover? (FRx) - Riffraff Diesel Performance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.