Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Let idiot friend do burnout now making odd groaning...Help

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  lexinator02 
#1 ·
So yea I know I'm new here but I follow a lot of threads.

I have a 2002 F250 7.3 CCSB 4wd and I was dumb and let my buddy do a powerbrake burnout. Well after the brakes were acting kind of funny but now they seem back to normal. Well my truck developed this odd groaning noise when going in reverse. It's coming from the rear and since I had brake issues I am wondering if my brakes are binding/grabbing in reverse for some reason. I have disc brakes in the rear. I am going to take off the wheel tomorrow to inspect anything, but before I do was hoping you guys had any ideas. Could he have messed up my rearend? If so wouldn't I notice this while driving forward as well? I would think I would.

Any help or ideas would be helpful. Also no idiot lights came on at any time.

Thanks

Dave

FYI I will not be letting him drive my truck anymore lol

#3 ·
Yea I'm thinking the same thing. I am suspecting the drivers side because I smelled some brake pad burning. I am going to open it up tomorrow to inspect everything. The funny thing is the truck did a 1 wheel burnout and the drivers side was the side not to burn rubber.

Dave

#11 ·
In case anyone was curious I tore into the truck today and found the problem...

The truck threw a brake pad.... I have never seem this happen but it did.

I ended up replacing all the brake parts anyway because they were due.

I put on new pads, calipers, and rotors. I also put on new clips which were a pain in the *** to get to sit right with the pads.

Thanks for the help guys

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.