Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Squeak from hub

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Rammstein1224 
#1 ·
Ive had a annoying squeak coming from my front passenger hub, and possibly drivers too. I jacked up the passenger side and theres absolutely no play in the tire vertically or horizontally so i took the hub apart thinking i would find something but i couldnt find anything wrong everythings all good and tight and the bearing looked nearly brand new. Heres a picture

Where else could the squeaking come from its not the brakes because i hear it when im coasting to a stop and driving from a stop. Ive also noticed lately when i first take off its almost like i the wheel is egg shaped but its not because its intermittent. Im not sure if these two issues are connected or not. Any ideas where the squeak could be coming from?

See less See more
#2 ·
I assume your talking about the SD?

Got a hub locked and the drive line is turning?

Not sure how the fact that when your coasting to a stop and pulling away from a stop that means it is not brakes?

Could easily be a hung brake pad or draging pad.

#3 ·
I suppose it COULD be the brake but my luck is its not

#9 ·
Now that you say that I remember that when I hit the brakes the sound does not go away so it can't be the brakes also the hub still really hot compared to the other side so that's why I'm leaning toward the bearings

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.