tell me how F***ED i am... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2008, 03:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
tell me how F***ED i am...

today i pull up to get some fuel and ask the attendant for 65 dollars. he starts pumping and i get done and turn the truck on and see that i went from a quarter tank to full an was kind of suprised but thought nothing of it. as i go home i would take a turn and then ease on the accelerator and it wouldnt go above 15 unless i smashed it and it would buck and take off like i had boosted up to like 50 PSI or something which is NOT possible in my truck (i wish). this happened the whole way home and i go to smell the gas in my truck and my dads 04 powerstroke and its totally different. dad goes to the station and checks and the guy put UNLEADED GASOLINE in for me. no wonder 65 got me so much.

now i gotta take it to the shop a mile from my house, probably get it towed to the other shop, syphon out the mixed fuel, new gas lines and everything and their tellin me i might even need new injectors. they said 2-400 dollars. that has gotta be more than that right?

i did pull up and just say 65 dollars but not ask for diesel, but like the trucks got a nice powerstroke logo on it, whistles and barks on the way up. dont you think if you pump gas that you would realize "hey! this isnt a gas truck!" so how bad off you guys think i am?

jake
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2008, 03:38 PM
MARSOC > Seals

well... you might of hit it right on the head.. you might have to get new injectors... but don't run it untill it all is drained... and sorry to hear about your luck.... I would see what the gas station would say about what happened... hope all turns out alright..
Old 05-15-2008, 03:39 PM
Emergency Services

think you need to go back and school the guy about trucks with spark plugs and trucks with out. and the different pumps ...
Old 05-15-2008, 03:39 PM

Man I don't know. You might get lucky.

Well good luck to ya.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:51 PM

To late now, fill it with diesel and drive it.
I accidentaly put half a tank of gas in mine, took it home syphoned it out, filled it with diesel and drove it. That was a hundred thousand miles ago.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:55 PM

I catch myself starting to put diesel in a gasser if i havent drove one in a while and gas in a diesel if i drive a gas for a while. You would be surprised how many people wouldnt know a diesel from a gasser. He should have asked what you wanted in the truck i would have thought.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:07 PM

I would just suggest pumping your own fuel... probably wouldnt have that problem!
Old 05-15-2008, 04:15 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
I would drop the tank, clean it out, put it back in the truck. Then replace the fuel filter, then I would fill the truck with new fresh diesel. Then see how it runs. This would cost you far less then taking it to a shop. It also would only cost you about 30 bucks for the new filter, and then the cost of diesel.

Although you maybe able to get the gas station to cover the damages being it was a full service station.

You would be surprized that your truck may be just fine. Also you would be surprized at how many times i dealt with this while in the military. I can say this alot of times.

Last edited by bigcountrysg; 05-15-2008 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:27 PM

i didnt know they still had full service anymore lol. sorry to hear that. hope everythings ok. go back to the station with your repair bill.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to F250gal Send a message via Yahoo to F250gal
I didnt know full service was still around either. I agree, I would drain the tank, change the filters and try it.
It cant hurt it any worse can it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.