Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

About to buy a truck need some help diagnosing

904 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Kryptic_361 
#1 ·
Im looking at a 2000 f250 and the guy who is selling it says that the truck wont start unless its plugged and if it starts in the morning then it can sit for a little bit and will start right back up but if it sits for like 5 or 6 hours it needs to be plugged back up what could be causing the problem and the other thing is the speedometer wont work until the truck is going atleast 40 and he says the abs light comes on because of that so what could the problem be on that. Thanks all help is appreciated.

#2 ·
My truck did the same thing with not starting.

It was bad injectors.

As for the speedo. It sounds like the vss sensor is bad in rear end. And it has to get up to speed and then uses the front sensors to read speed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#7 ·
Call around. I reccomend switching to single ahots. But that requires tuning . Stage 1s and tuning will run you right under 2 grand. If you stock replacements. You can have them rebuilt for iv been quoted $850-1300

And are injectors hard to change or would you recommend mechanic
I do the work myself. They are not hard. Just take time. Just take your time and a Chilton's manual and you can figure it out.

If you don't feel comfortable doing the work send it to a shop who does a lot of Powerstroke work.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.