Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

HPOP Line Removal~ Where to get tool?

15K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Heavy_GD 
#1 ·
After installing the CCV mod, gutting & plugging the EBVP, and replacing all 4 turbo pedestal O-rings I have yet another oil leak!!! This dang thing just wants to keep itself an oily mess!!! :(

The HPOP line closest to the front of the engine is leaking. I did the one toward the rear of the engine in Jan. 07 without disconnecting the line. It was a B(&*ch, but I don't think there's any way to get a wrench into this one, and if I did I'd never get it to thread straight. The other one was a total pain and it had a lot more room to work.

I need to know where to get the quick disconnect tool. I tried the loaner tools from Pep Boys & AutoZone, but neither listed it. I've read about others using rent a tools from these places so is there some other tool name I should look for or where I can buy one cheap?

#2 ·
Ebay has them. I have seen em on there for like 15 bux. check there.

#4 · (Edited)
Cool thanks! I may buy the right unit off Ebay, but I need to get it done in a day or so b/c the wife doesn't like me driving her Xpedition too long!

So with the O-ring pliers do you just stick them in at the top of the rubber grommet closest to the hose, push the hose in, squeeze the pliers and pull?

Also, I haven't seen O-ring pliers before, do you think snap ring pliers would work?

I found a good picture of the tool [Essential tool #303-625] on page 31 of 78 and mass good info at this site from the 7.3L bible link in our tech files... Ford 7.3 DIT Power Stroke

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Cool thanks! I may buy the right unit off Ebay, but I need to get it done in a day or so b/c the wife doesn't like me driving her Xpedition too long!

So with the O-ring pliers do you just stick them in at the top of the rubber grommet closest to the hose, push the hose in, squeeze the pliers and pull?

Also, I haven't seen O-ring pliers before, do you think snap ring pliers would work?

I found a good picture of the tool [Essential tool #303-625] on page 31 of 78 and mass good info at this site from the 7.3L bible link in our tech files... Ford 7.3 DIT Power Stroke

That's what I meant and yes that's how to do it.

#6 ·
Killer! Thanks much!

Oh and that picture in your signature is BAD AZZ!!! I love how you can just see a tiny bit of the roof of the poor soul behind you! Talk about a black out!!! :thumb:

#8 ·
Well it's back running again, and no more oil leaks... for now :bump:. I used the fuel injection removal tool I rented from from AutoZone last night and finally got the line off after work today.

It wouldn't have been as bad if I'd seen one of the lines off before and understood how they worked. Once I got the tool in there and pushed the black grommet toward the oil pump while also pulling the line out it came right off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.