Still chasing a no power problem. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 02:16 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Still chasing a no power problem.

I bought this 2000 F250 a few weeks ago, and it just seems down on power. When I drive it unloaded, it seems fine for the most part, but it does not pull my boat well, which is maybe 7000 lbs.

For example, I was driving down the interstate with the boat in tow, and pulled into the left hand lane to go around a car as we started up a slight hill. I put the pedal on the floor, and the truck would not accelerate any as I was going uphill. It wasn't until I crested the hill, that's was able to accelerate to 70 mph.

So I changed the fuel filter, which was pretty dirty, and didn't get much change. I hooked a boost gauge up, and it goes to 10 psi as I first floor it, and it makes 14 lbs as it goes to redline, and drops back to 10 lbs at each shift. I haven't changed the oil, but it looks clean. The compressor wheel looks to be in good shape, and there's no play in the shaft.

The truck is 100% bone stock. where do I go from here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2013, 02:37 PM
RollinEarly05...now

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Have you checked for leaks in the intercooler boots? What about your up pipes? Maybe the bellows are cracked? 14 max boost is low... Where did you hook the boost gauge at?
Old 07-10-2013, 02:59 PM

Well, I've looked at the boots, and they seem fine, up pipes look good, and I T'd off the line here on the passenger side. When I did a search on the Internet to see where to hook it up, it seemed to be the best, because this was just a temporary install to see what the boost was, and I'm not leaving the gauge hooked up. I also want to clarify that 14 psi is with the truck unloaded.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:01 PM

Up pipe doesn't appear to be leaking.

Old 07-10-2013, 04:06 PM
RollinEarly05...now

I wonder if your waste gate isn't working properly? Have you unplugged the lined and capped it off? What's your boost numbers towing, same?
Old 07-10-2013, 04:07 PM
RollinEarly05...now

Also, have you checked your EBP sensor and cleaned the tube?
Old 07-10-2013, 04:12 PM

I haven't towed since I hooked the boost gauge up. So I need to take the line off the wastegate, and cap the line, and cap the wastegate, correct?

I have no idea what EBP is.....lol. You guys have a lot of acronyms, and I normally build gas powers engines.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:20 PM
RollinEarly05...now

Exhaust back pressure sensor. If I remember correctly its in front of the engine... There is a small tube, probably 3/8 in size (hard line) that runs from the exhaust 90's around the block and up the motor and the sensor is on the end of the hard line. Take it off and use some brake kleen and weed wacker line to clean the exhaust soot out of it...

Yes, unplug the vacuum line and stick a screw or something in there to seal it off. Auto parts store sells vacuum caps and plugs that work perfectly. It's been 4 years since I touched a 7.3... But if I remember correctly, you don't have to plug the waste gate (unless your worried about crap getting in their.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:29 PM

Yeah I was just looking up the EBP thing. I can do that tomorrow, because my trucks hot right now, and I have to pull the trans out of the turdstang tonight, so I can get it back together before the next race.

I'll plug the line and go drive it right quick and see what it does. Thanks for the help.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:32 PM
RollinEarly05...now

Yep, remember when working correctly helps out the turbo form over speeding. I've seen guys keep them unplugged because they get more higher boost numbers but actually when the turbo is over spun it gets extremely insufficient and hurts the turbo in the long run… seeing how ur a drag racer you might know that already though…
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.