Need some help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2008, 01:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need some help

Ok guys I just put two new injectors in my truck (3,8) and now it is starting to do the same thing. It starts fine and idles fine, but once you take off it acts like it is running on 7 cylinders. I have actually felt it kick to all 8 and the truck runs fine. It runs fine once warmed up completely, it just does this when it is cold. I used a superchip to pull PO237 PO743 PO603. I just put a nvk4 pcm in and it changed nothing. I installed my DI regulated return about 1 month ago and have been stock every since then, so I am rulling out a chip bringing up the PO603. Need some help this is pissing me off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2008, 06:12 AM

Cmon somebody has to have an idea of why I am getting the PO603. Last night my truck ran real rough, like its on 7 cylinders, so I floored it and it cleared right up and ran perfect the rest of the way home. Would an ICP sensor have anything to do with it?
Old 04-12-2008, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan734 View Post
Cmon somebody has to have an idea of why I am getting the PO603. Last night my truck ran real rough, like its on 7 cylinders, so I floored it and it cleared right up and ran perfect the rest of the way home. Would an ICP sensor have anything to do with it?
Code P0603 is a KAM error and is caused by a loss of power to your PCM generally from disconnecting the batteries or removing the PCM.. It is nothing to be concerned about and is a common code for trucks with a chip..

As far as running on 7 cylinders, have you done a injector buzz test and a cylinder contribution test? This will check your injectors and indentify any faulty ones. I had a similar issue and it turned out to be a chunck of the old o-ring from an injector fell into the cylinder bore and was over looked and was keeping the new injector from seating properly.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:40 AM

I haven't had the buzz test run since I put the two new injectors in. But it doesn't always do this. I would think if it had something stuck in the bore that it would always act weird. After it warms it up runs fine.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:43 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Maybe injector o-rings on the other injectors. When the engine warms up. The O-rings swell up and then all your injectors fire correctly.

Or you have more injectors that are bad. Or you have a bad connection with the UVC. Or the UVC has a short in it.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:21 AM

Yep, might take a look at the UVC harness.. Can you pull the stored codes?
Old 04-12-2008, 12:25 PM

Just to ask a dumb question and state what you have probably all ready done. But what about your glow plugs?
Old 04-12-2008, 04:43 PM

Well when I changed injectors 2 and 8 I also put in new UVC harness's and glowplugs. I guess the other injectors could be acting up, but I hope not. I mean it is almost like a light switch, it can be running rough and then all the sudden fine. I guess that could be the point that the o rings finally seal. Wish I had the money to do it up with stage 2's but I currently don't .
Old 04-12-2008, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan734 View Post
Well when I changed injectors 2 and 8 I also put in new UVC harness's and glowplugs. I guess the other injectors could be acting up, but I hope not. I mean it is almost like a light switch, it can be running rough and then all the sudden fine. I guess that could be the point that the o rings finally seal. Wish I had the money to do it up with stage 2's but I currently don't .

I rebuilt my injectors and changed them to stage 2 single shots.. Its under $1000
Old 04-12-2008, 05:12 PM
Banned

Take a look at the engine harness where it connects to the valve cover connectors. The metal in the connector gets vibrated and thins out. It is actually a metal loop. Take a fish hook or needle and spread the metal, making it larger so it will connect with the valve cover connectors with more pressure. I had three injectors that came online when I did this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.