Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

03 7.3 no crank

988 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  MSTR-P 
#1 ·
Have an 03 7.3 that won't crank. Main starter wire broke loose at the solenoid so I crawled up under the truck and noticed the starter/solenoid in really bad shape, so I replaced it along with a new connector on the wire. Hooked everything back up and I get nothing. Turn the key on and everything comes on, go to start it and nothing...not even a click from the relay. Pulled and replaced all of the fuses/relays and still nothing. Did a test on the starter from the battery and it is getting power and will turn over. I'm thinking some sort of ignition issue, but not sure how to trouble shoot. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

#2 ·
Update: turned the key to warm up the glow plugs then started the truck by running starter wire directly to the battery. Truck started, as I let it idle, I connected the starter wire back to the ignition source and took the truck for a spin. Came back, shut the truck down and it restarted fine with the key. I don't understand why...but it is working properly now. I suppose I will see how long it will last this way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.