Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

need help badly

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  the stroke 
#1 ·
I have a 2001 220,000 miles. I have just over a year old now stage 1 injectors, 6 position programmer, new PCM/ICM, new glow plugs, new wiring harness, new glow plug relay, new fuel pump and starter and 2 new batteries. the truck runs great 95 percent of the time. but that little five percent kills me because I don't know what it is or how to fix it. the only way I can describe it is sounds like is running out of fuel. but the fuel bowl is full when I shut the truck off and check it. last night I was on my way home and I could feel a little shake that just kept getting worse. time I made it home and felt like I was running on 4 cylinders it was missing like crazy I had no power to get up to speed. Then this morning it was doing the same thing just not as bad. I'm at my Breaking Point now I just want to get it fixed and I'm probably just going to sell it.
I'm hoping someone here has an idea of where I can start:dunno::rod:

#4 ·
my old partner had a 2000 7.3 that acted similar it was supposedly a sensor of some kind in the fuel system that had to be replaced but we were working 18 hour days 7 days a week and he fell asleep on his way home and rolled it so we never found out what it was for sure.
not sure if that helps any but it is all I got. :dunno:

#7 · (Edited)
From what you say in your first post, check your uvch's. Sounds like one came loose a bit. And the one side isn't firing the injectors. Very simple fix if its the problem.

Engine codes????

Most people will do their best on here to help you out, but you have to be willing to do the legwork.

If your not too confident about working on it, Kenny at KT performance is somewhat local for you. He's in Groveland. That's where I bought most of my stuff from.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#8 ·
truthfully guys I've never want to get rid of this truck. I'm starting put money way to order my bts or Suncoast transmission. I want to run stage 2 and a bigger turbo.
but no codes have come up and I've been working non stop so I haven't had a chance to open up for checking the wires or do anything to the truck yet. I'm goin to spend most of the day tomorrow trying to figure out something. have a good idea on how to work on it, but when It get technical I call in a buddy who owns owns shop. So as soon a I start looking the truck over ill definitely let you guys know on what I find and if I find anything.
I appreciate the help guys!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.