Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Help my 99 f350 7.3 won't start but it cranks

10K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Drewbert_47 
#1 ·
I went out to my 99 f350 7.3 the other day and I went to start it after its drive fine all along and it wouldn't start would crank but wouldn't fire. The wts light doesn't come on and the oil gauge doesn't come up at all like its not working also I haven't been hearing the fuel pump kick on. It randomly started after 30 mins and I got it driving and it just broke down the next day and I had to get it towed its doing the same thing again. Any thoughts? People tell me it could be the fuel bowl heater shorted or something

#2 ·
I could be the Fuel Heater fuse (which powers the PCM also) or another fuse somewhere else. In either case, the No WTS and No Pump is an indication that the PCM isn't running.

Look at ALL the fuses carefully (esp #30, 19, 22) I would unplug the fuel heater anyway, you certainly don't need it now (probably Never needs it anyway) just in case.

If you don't see the WTS light, don't even bother to try to start, you'll just be wasting the batteries...

#5 ·
Also I'm thinking about pulling the programmer because when I would turn it to 80hp it would just shut the truck off I didn't know if the people before me installed it up wrong so I'm just gonna get it out of there maybe that could be mess with the computer and causing it not to start I'm not sure

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.