Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

DP Tuner and tranny

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  bsmith3615 
#1 · (Edited)
Just put DP Tuner in f350 dually 02 model tranny shifts to 3rd way to fast than drops back down to 2nd love the tunner stock,stock high idle,80hsp towe,120hsp,140 race,140 extreme.anyone have same problem?

#2 ·
Found This on ITP diesels web site about the DP tuner . this might be what you experiencing .
02-03 Trucks : These trucks commonly experience shift flare with the extra power from a chip. We recommend the use of an aftermarket valve body or shift kit for optimal transmission performance in this application. We will have valve bodies available in the near future.

#3 ·
yeah i would get the John Wood Valve body from ITP ill be ordering mine tomorrow... That and the dp-tuner are proposed the best match-up in the truck

#4 ·
I had the same problem but from first to second. It would shift up to second, pop right back down to first then back up to second and then would be fine the rest of the way through the gears, only did this at WOT. Jody said mine and one other truck has had this funny 1-2 shift. The chip is enroute back to him for tweaking. Send it back and have it tweaked a bit.

#5 ·
DP chip and hard shift

Right after I installed the chip from DP-Tuner my transmission started shifting a lot harder from second to third. I talked to Jody about this and he said it should smooth out after it's been ran for awhile. It took about a thousand miles, but now it shifts very smoothly through all the gears and it seems to feel like it did before adding the tunes.

#6 ·
I did a bully dog shift kit and couldn't be happier with it. its just some springs and a new actuator, a breeze to install.

#10 ·
well ihave manual and before my chip my clutch was fine after install i turned it up to 140 agg(dp tuner) my clutch satrted slipping

#12 ·
well that had some to do with it but no i really did start slipping when i turned it up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.