Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

My truck sounds like crapola

970 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  uppydowns 
#1 ·
I just changed the oil with some shell Rotella that I got from a friend who had it outside for several months. It was new though. I have had some rough idles but I didnt worry much about it. I filled up with B20 hoping and used some diesel kleen thinking that the rough running would get better, dirty injectors or something. I let a friend change the fuel filter and since then the SES light is on and it runs terrible. I dont know if it is the oil, air in the fuel system or some dirt in my injectors. I do know that this sucks! Thanks for taking a look. PS where is the "shrader valve" to bleed off air out of the fuel system?

#2 ·
If you have an ses light get your truck scanned that will probobly get you moving in the right direction to troubleshoot. There is no shrader valve on the 99-03's.

#4 ·
Yeah those readers don't seem to scan or pick up diesel codes. As far as the air just drive it and the air will work itself out of the fuel system.

#5 ·
what year of truck is it?

#6 ·
If it is a rough idle, has someone with a scanner that can do a buzz test on the injectors. Mine ran rough and sounded like a miss and we found out the #6 injector went out. Before I found out it was an injector, we ran Diesel Kleen and also tried an Autozone code reader and nothing came up on the reader and the cleaner did not help.

#7 ·
It is a 1999 F250 Superduty, kids call it Big Red. 8ft bed, extended cab. My first diesel and I love it! I am the second owner, and the older gent I got it from had cardboard on the floor boards and had never set foot on the carpet. He babied it and took good care.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.