Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

99 7.3 Rough Idle When Cold, Dies When Warmed Up

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  AgTires4295 
#1 ·
Hey boys,
Having a serious problem with my baby. It started all at once, I was driving down the road and all of a sudden my truck wouldn't shift and just died. Pulled off and then tried and tried to turn it over and it wouldn't. Finally after 10 minutes it started back up, but I had no power and it just kept dieing. Few days later my friend comes by to check it out and it starts but is just running a really really rough almost short idle and as soon as it warmed up it just started loping really really hard and then tries to die out and eventually does...after it warms up it wont go over 1000 rpms, but when its cold the rpms will go up. So today we replaced the CAM sensor and looked at the fuse 19 and it was fine. So have no idea whats going on..SOMEONE HELP VERY FRUSTRAITED:dunno:
(also blows a little bit of white smoke...not a ton! just a puff here and there.

#2 ·
My 7.3 does this. Try unplugging the ICP sensor and see what it does.

I have it narrowed down ti either my cps or my ipr.

I would try The ICP unplug test first.

If it still does it unplugged. Then it points more to a bad ipr.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
This might be barking up the wrong tree but how does your fuel and fuel filter look?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.